• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Wii U can't even run n64 properly, I highly doubt it could emulate the xbox 360, or hell, even the original xbox. The Wii U just isn't able to do that

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If the Wii U can't even run n64 properly, I highly doubt it could emulate the xbox 360, or hell, even the original xbox. The Wii U just isn't able to do that
but there is the virtual console, in the eshop there is a virtual console of N64, Wii U can not even run the N64, I doubt that it is the laziness of the creator of the N64 emulator for Wii U or maybe it is a bad optimization of the emulator.
you can play N64 correctly by buying an N64 game in the virtual console from the Eshop :-)

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't even know if you are serious since it's very likely this wasn't in EoF when it started but was so absurd it was moved here... Just in case, because this place got cringey already and people keep shitposting far more than expected, here goes...

There's emulation which uses software and built-in hardware "emulation". Software one is VERY limited to what it can do and requires FAR more system resources than hardware one (a rough rule that's simply a base and depends on the game really is that you need ~5 times more processing power to emulate adequately, but again it's game by game as fog/reflections/processes/etc. can affect that), along with being buggier. Hardware one on the other hand is very accurate, next to perfectly bug-less and hardly requires any additional processing power compared to the original. For example, on the 3DS, you can both software emulate GBA games but also use the built-in hardware to play them, with software emulation often being just a tiny step past "playable", while hardware being VERY accurate and with hardly any issues (plus actually runs at even lower power because it doesn't need all the resources the system can offer to play through hardware) compared to struggling emulators.

Now, the WiiU CAN play games like GameCube NATIVELY, same for some others (I think NDS). Other systems CAN be emulated though as long as it has enough resources. However, don't expect anything past GameCube's level with only exception being the Wii. I don't know how the WiiU scene is, but from my estimation of the system's power, that sounds about right in my experience with many systems and emulating them. Anything older than GameCube SHOULD be perfectly emulate-able, including Dreamcast, ZX Spectrum and even further back.

PS: Sorry for ruining your shitposting fun everyone:P

D

Deleted User

Hi, I'm Jesus Villalba, I have a question, Is a PS3 emulator for Wii U possible?

according to me, the Wii U has 2 GB RAM, which is in the requirements to use the RPCS3 emulator and the Dolphin emulator.

also something to note is that it is 7 times more powerful than the PS3 to emulate it.

the Wii U has a high-end graphics card, how to run the emulation of Wii Desmume Wii emulator so fast in vWii mode.

I think I have the Wii U for Christmas, Santa Claus will give it to me this Christmas, I already wrote the letter to Santa, it only takes a few days for Christmas, I just need to pray to tell God that Santa has enough money to buy me the gift that I want :-)

Will a PS3 emulator for Wii U be possible, or will it be impossible?

I'm sorry for the delay, but my internet connection was failing :-(
Can it emulate the Phillips CD-I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT