Hacking Is a dstwo worth it?

Nathan576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last week I sold my ds lite and got a 3ds. My acekard 2i that I had works great on my 3ds but now I can't use my supercard ds lite to play gba games. Should I buy a dstwo for gba or just wait for the 3ds to be hacked? I didn't play gba games much at all but it would be nice to be able to again.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Buy a Supercard Two. I am doubting the 3DS will be hacked any time soon and it isn't worth holding your breathe for the acekard 2i to be able to utilize the hack.
The Dstwo is the best card on the market and is worth the price on it.

D

Deleted-236924

Considering you want to play GBA games, what other solution do you see other than the DSTwo?

D

Deleted-236924

ShadowSoldier said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
The Dstwo is the best card on the market and is worth the price on it.

Assuming it's a good price. Anything over 40 imo is too high for it.
Implying that buying every game would be cheaper.

PaullyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really depends on how badly you want to play those GBA games and if you're interested in any of the other DSTWO accelerated plugins. It's the best option at the moment and an excellent card, but if you can't see yourself using the features then you may as well stick with your existing cart. On the other hand DS2x86 is maturing rapidly and opening a massive library of old DOS games at decent speeds, there's the new Atari 7800 emu, SNES of course, I can't imagine it'll be much longer before a quality Genesis/Megadrive emu is done (but maybe I'm too optimistic). There's a lot to play with and if you're likely to use more than just the DS features it'd still be worth every cent at twice the price.

Nathan576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other features are cool but all I care about is GBA. There is no news of a new card coming out soon with better gba support? See I just spent $300 on a 3ds and game so I really would rather save what little money I have left but idk I want my gba back
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn