Hacking Is 480i with Component Cables the same as 480i with Composite?

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your tv doesn't have 480p then there won't be any component inputs. Only HDTV's have component inputs.

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jm9760 said:
If your tv doesn't have 480p then there won't be any component inputs. Only HDTV's have component inputs.

false.... i dont have 480p. I have a 480i sdtv and I have component cables...

but yea you dont see much of a difference if you have 480i.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OmniSlash2o6 said:
I see a difference for my 480i TV with Component Cables(may just be the game) the color are bright and the edges seem more smooth. Doesnt matter though since I baught my component cables for 10 bucks
smile.gif

For the leaked backup loader, do you get color with the component cables at 480i?

OmniSlash2o6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
OmniSlash2o6 said:
I see a difference for my 480i TV with Component Cables(may just be the game) the color are bright and the edges seem more smooth. Doesnt matter though since I baught my component cables for 10 bucks
smile.gif

For the leaked backup loader, do you get color with the component cables at 480i?

Yep you do! also you know about the new Wiigator loader right O.o. Color for even composite cables.

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Component cables will give you a better image, even for a standard definition tv. Composite connection gives dot crawl http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot_crawl
and a generally unclean image. With component cables on your 480i tv, you will notice that it is a bit sharper and the color quality is a bit improved.

On a side note, the wii and all sd machines look the best on 480i/p CRT tvs (HD CRTs can natively display 480p content as well). I would much rather play the wii on a tiny 13" CRT than my 50" plasma.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although the question has already been answered yes component will give a cleaner image at 480i than composite video at 480i.

In the TV world nearly all of the information in a picture is actually in the black and white portion (luma) and the color is just added on top like paint by numbers. Since that is the case you would see essentially the same quality of video from a component cable at 480i as you would from an Svideo connection. The Luma portion of both Svideo and Component is the same, the difference being one signal to carry all color information with Svideo and essentially three channels of color information with component. The component connection uses a formula to derive the three color channels using only two collor connections resulting in high quality video with slightly reduced cable count.

If you use the WiiGator backup launcher the issues with composite cables no longer exist. Only Waninkoko's version had that problem.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Where do projection tvs fit in?
It depends on which type of projection it is but usually the image is easier on the eyes than plasma or LCD.

I personally use a 36 inch CRT HDTV for my wii
smile.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3 colors are being bounced to the screen via a mirror that is located at the back of it.

(So Im guessing thats a rear projection tv?)

I was able to repair this TV and keep it as someone threw a Pool Table ball at it.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it could be using three separate LCD with a colored filter in front of each one. If you haven't already you should hit up the AVSforums and find a calibration procedure to realign the guns on it. It should improve the image drastically.

Erimgard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde, let me put i this way, I dropped $25 on components for my 480i crt to get the waninkoko loader out of greyscale, and the minute I plugged them in I realised it was worth the funds just to get the BRIGHT COLOUR and CRISP EDGES provided
biggrin.gif

Absolutely worth the purchase, even now that I'm running WiiGator's loader. (GH3 customs are a go! xD)

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand now.

I thought when people said "Components are better than Composite" I thought they were only talking about the 480p over 480i with Components comparison.

I guess it also includes 480i.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably said many times before, but yes, it'll be more crisp.
Even S-Video is a huge leap in quality when compared to composite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?