Irrelevant Issues In Society (Post Your Thoughts)

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I though I would get you fellow temps opinions on Irrelevant Issues In Society (I.I.I.S.). I got this idea from seeing other fellow tempers rage over currently political/ideological discussions and though 'hmm I wonder what everyone else things on these issues'. These are the top (I.I.I.S.) I don't fully understand why people debate so often.

1. Marijuana Legalization - This debate has been going for over 30 years. Personally I don't give a dam what other people want to do with this drug, as long as they don't sell it to kids, or do anything exploitative with the drug I'm fine with it being legalized. Current states like Colorado are facing trouble in the Marijuana business sector because banks will not except money from these types of business. So they literally store millions of dollars underground, where no-one will (hopefully) find it, as an alternative to the bank.

2. Gay Marriage - I don't know why people would have any issues against this. In my opinion, whatever two men or women want to do with each other, as long as it is consensual and no one is getting harmed I feel like it shouldn't be an issue. Mind you, I am completely against, PDOA, (Personal Displays of Affection) regardless of what your orientation is. I don't think it should ever be right for someone to stop you in the middle of the street to tell you "hey please sign this paper to support gay-rights" or scream out their love for xXx (which unfortunately a lot of gay activist do and it makes them look like idiots who are disturbing the peace). There are so many more problems civil rights issues than this, like women and minorities.

3. Environmental Destruction - Let me speak on this, the only reason I've posted this here is because it shouldn't be a question of "Are we consuming more resources than the Earth can produce?" the fact is WE ARE CONSUMING MORE RESOURCES THAN THE EARTH CAN PRODUCE! But I don't know why the government lets it slide. Mind you, I've just recently become aware of this issue and have started significantly minding my energy consumption at home and purchased energy smart light bulbs. On top of that I've started recycling everything I possibly can that would otherwise go in the trash can. I even started gardening (you know worse case scenario their is a food shortage later on [which I hope there'll never will be]).

Let me know:
1-Do you smoke? How do you feel about this? (I don't and I'm neutral)

2-Are you gay/or bisexual? How do you feel about this? (neither, as long as people keep their sex lives private I'm fine)
3-What do you think the future holds for our environment and resource consumption? (I think we're doomed, but you can see awareness now in order to not suffer as much later on)

Let me know your thoughts on the above matters and your own.
Lastly; please be respectful of other people's opinions.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I don't smoke, and I personally think it's one of the dumbest things a person can do (aside from medical reasons I suppose.) Plenty of smokers in my family, they're just slowly killing themselves. As far as marijuana is concerned, so long as there as a required age limit then I guess it's okay, although those who want to smoke regardless will find a way to do so.

2. I am straight, although I don't think that there is anything wrong with being gay or bisexual. I have a friend who is actually gay and you wouldn't ever be able to tell if he wasn't straight, completely normal guy.

3. I actually am not too sure about this one, never really though about it.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. I don't smoke and I'm fine with legalization of marijuana as long as there's some sort of law to prevent people from doing it out in public (so it's only legal on private property), because I don't want to smell it everywhere I go.

2. I'm not sure what I am but regardless, people love people, so I don't see why gay marriages should be illegal. For God's sake, it's the 21st century, where the media is full of the LGBT, so what's so wrong about two men or two women loving one another?

3. I think we're screwed unless there's some major change in the behaviour of most of humanity, which is unlikely. However, we should preserve parts of the planet and continue with space exploration in hopes of finding a planet that can one day sustain us when we kill Earth for good.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- I don't smoke pot but I feel it should be legalized and treated like Tabacoo

2- I'm a Christian who is very religious and have hopes of being a minister and I can say the gay marriage ban is total bs. I am 100% against all these anti lbgt laws as they violate anti discrimination laws. Like wise being whatever sexual orientation is not a choice but is something you can't help and that's ok.

3- I believe in climate change and think we should try to stop it but it feels like it's "to little, to late".

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1- No, I think it shoud be like alchool, permited but you are not alloweed (lol pun) to drive if get much .. also, don't get much lol , age restrictions to kids and stufs ... it would just finish he ilegal comerce and all the problems it causes :v

2- no, and I think in legal stuff it's acceptable like any other arriage, I just donn't agree wending made like Christian ones.. I mean, the weding was made for unite a male and a female by gods way... anyway, this is tradiction, if gays want a cerimony for unithing two males or two females or anything they want to be called, create a new cerimony, don't try to force a drastic change on something traditional like this, it will just create more hate :v ( btw I'm not actually christian :P)

3 yeah we are doomed :v for me everyone would stop to be selfish and greedy, there much more than money that we can have on this world... but for some people looks like it more important than water and wifi...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I actually have smoked before and mostly as a treatment for my pain. I suffer from an immune system disorder where my immune system attacks my nerves, so I am always in pain. Thus I pretty much live on painkillers and often try to find alternatives. Personally I am pro-legalizing it completely.

I am actually pansexual and transgender, really from the looks of it, the issue relating to the LGBT just come off as a distraction. There's real issues going on, so instead of focusing on those, just distract people with something that shouldn't be an issue. Other people's sexuality, gender identity, ect. aren't social issues, they are personal matters that are only dragged out because we are told to make them an issue. In reality, other people's sexuality, gender identity, ect. have no effect on your personal life and you really shouldn't be bent out of shape about it.

Dude, our planet is slowly being fucked and we aren't helping it. Anyone who ignores climate issues are delusional nuts. Climate issues are the actual issues that we are being distracted from.

lampdemon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1- I only ever smoked once. All drugs should be legal and regulated, so any one person can fuck themselves up but without affecting others.

2 - Not gay, don't care.

3 - We're fucked, life is too hard for me to care for things that don't directly affect me.

Reactions: Deleted User

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Used to smoke, but while smoking is the most popular way to get high, vaporizing it or eating it makes it nearly harmless. There is no reason to arrest or especially imprison people for cannabis use because it's literally the safest drug known to man, and that includes caffeine. Just legalize the stuff for anyone 21 and older and stop locking people up for using or selling weed. I hope one day smoking it becomes less popular and vaporization becomes the standard method of administration, but that's unlikely.(eating it requires much higher doses and is expensive) Smoking ANYTHING is awful for you, but when vaporized or eaten, Cannabis is as close to harmless as a drug can be unless you're allergic to it or something.

2. I haven't been baptized but I consider myself a Christian, so I'm very conflicted on this issue. Homosexuality is technically a sin, but I personally don't see it as a problem. Part of me thinks gay marriage should be legal everywhere, but spiritually speaking I oppose it. It's an issue I prefer to stay out of because I'm split on it. I used to be a militant atheist btw & I'm not one of those uptight motherfuckers who uses religion to judge others. Outside of religion, I see no problem with gay marriage but spiritually I feel obligated to oppose it, although I do not think it should be illegal. Making it illegal violates separation of church/state and is discriminatory. In short, I'm torn.

3. I admittedly don't conserve water/resources in general nearly enough but climate change is very much real and there is a severe cognitive dissonance gripping the entirety of humanity, myself included of course. Most of us know that we're destroying the planet but we, for the most part, refuse to change our habits because it's extremely inconvenient. I recycle much more than I throw away, but I also use too much water(long showers) so I need to completely change my behavior and converse power/water as much as possible. Denying climate change at this point is simply silly.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. I use it to combat rheumatism pains mostly.
2. gay af, don't care about marriages as I dun believe in them, fuck any type of god or religion, I believe in Karma.
3. I live from day to day, well being of the earth isn't much of me problems.
All I do know is that there far to many people on this earth so a good pandemic is needed to smother half of the population.
Mother nature is slowly churning out natural disasters.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
1. Just make it legal. Not like people don't do it if they can anyway.

2. I couldn't careless but LBGT tend to be so needy as in 'Mortal Kombat has a gay character' like who gives a fuck. Stop making a big deal out of nothing.

3. We made it this far so we'll be okay.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Never smoked but if people want to get high, that's their business. I would limit it to use in licensed locations (special 'weed' bars) or in your own homes though. Partially so that people can have a decent chance of getting home if they over-indulge, mostly because I can't stand the stink of the stuff.

2) Gay marriage doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have gay friends, and every time they've had to flat out say 'I'm gay' because I couldn't tell. My mate Pete plays football and pool, drinks lager, hurls abuse at referees that would make a sailor with tourettes blush. Until he told me he was gay I had zero idea. Goes to show that gay people aren't the evil boogeymen in flamboyant pink scarves the idiots carrying those 'god hates fags' signs make them out to be. They're just normal people like us trying to get by in life as best they can. If they found someone they love and want to celebrate that love then fair play to them, whatever makes their lives have some meaning.

3) I think we need either a damn good war to clear out the proles once in a while or pull together as a species to colonize other planets, so if all those who want to live vicariously through pointless celebrity gossip and all that other piss-wiffle don't want to shut up, they can sod off to Jupiter and stop trying to talk to me about Kim Kardashian' new hair cut and how it changes the way we look at life, the universe and everything.

You may be wondering why I'm so accepting of gay marriage yet despise celebrity obsessive types. Simple. One of these things has actual meaning in life and can change things for the better. The other is idolizing whatever sparkly object the media dangles in front of us like a bunch of keys in front of the pram. One encourages equality, happiness, love and joy. The other encourages people to act like drooling spanners who don't try to achieve anything in life because why bother, celebrities are rich for doing nothing so why try?

D

Deleted User

1 - Y'KNOW WHAT, MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGAL NO MATTER WHAT. SCREW WHAT I SAID BEFORE.

2 - Yet again, legal where I live. (I think gay marriage was legalized in 2006) I just kinda think that everyone should have the same rights and freedoms, ya dig? Also, some people treating homosexuals like they're super duper special just because they're homosexuals is stupid. The only difference is that they are sexually attracted to the other gender.
I have no clue what my sexuality is, I'm still pretty young, and I don't need to figure it out right this second.

3 - I have some issues with conserving water, energy, etc., but I'm trying fairly hard to consume less, because this is an issue, and if we start taking action now, it may not 'fix' it in the future, but at least make it better. I know we still will eventually run out of resources, but that's probably a long ways away.

Last edited by ,

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I only smoke when I am on fire. I feel that marijuana should be legalized.

2. I am heterosexual, but I feel that homosexual people should be able to marry each other.

3. We're pretty much fucked :/

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
1- Cannabis is harmless if used properly, just like alchool is. I smoke often and this is not ruining my life. It should be legal and controlled.

2- Love is love, period. People thinking it's illegal is retarded and conservative. You be born as you genetically are programmed to be. Stop stereotypes, that is not cool for everyone.

3- The planet is fucked and it is going worse everydays. Just live a day at time.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Weed should be legal regardless of if it is for medicinal use or not. The antiquated laws based on scientific facts propaganda (see: Reefer Madness). It is a plant that hasn't ever been proven to be anything but beneficial as long as it isn't done in excess while doing anything dumb — as with alcohol.

2. Why should it be anybody's right to prevent others from having rights that they hold so dear (and shit on 50% of the time)? Let them marry if they want. At the same time, don't force holier-than-thou bigots to bless your marriage — and why would you want them to anyway?

3. I think there is a pool going somewhere with the ultra-elites over what human-designed destruction will occur. It is highly likely to be because of lack of inaccessible oil reserves. Even with alternate energies, there are so many things we use day in and day out for our goods, making goods and recycling goods that are petroleum-based that we won't be able to keep it going forever — possibly not even with synthetics at this point.

Another possibility might come from a pandemic caused by a superbug created from improper/overused antibiotic/anti-bacterial use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.