Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried the hack, but as of right now, homebrew on the 3DS seems just pointless. Later it may be good, but right now, giving up your eshop and online connection for barely working emulators (couldn't even save my game in DK Country on blargsnes) isn't worth it. Perhaps in the future, this homebrew stuff will get better, but right now, I wouldn't recommend messing with it. Nintendo will patch this soon and I'll wait until something more useful happens. Honestly though, by the time homebrew does anything that actually works well, the 4DS (or whatever the hell) will be out and people will be looking for cracks in it. Seems like Nintendo has kind of won this time. Homebrew finally exists near the end of the 3DS's lifespan. Pretty sure a new handheld will be released not long after the NX.
Sigh...while I do kind agree with your opinion (and exploits are indeed getting harder as the firmware updates progress) I wouldn't exactly call the current homebrew 'pointless', sure some emulators are some what buggy and slow, but give it some time and they'll turn out really good! GameYob for example is working superb for me, and nearly every game works flawlessy and without slowdowns. I'm doing a playthrough of TLOZ : Oracle of seasons right now and haven't encounteres bugs or glitches at all. As for the homebrew games themselfes... Yeah they are pretty stale ATM, but again, give it some time. We do have CIA installing/ROM loaders on 9.2 and lower (hopefully 9.9 someday also...) so Yeah...

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikeALC running these apps has been possible for a long time with cubic ninja, and if you get it running with ironhax, you don't have to change DNS to mess with loading the shop. I run all apps and they coexist with my up-to-date old 3DS XL just fine. I also have my games save just fine with blarg.

SpiderChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to fix Ironhax error code C8804465?

Open Ironfall and make a profile... Pretty much fixes the problem...

Now, I having an issue where Ironhax installed successfully, but when I select the ironhax save, a black screen happens and then I booted out and my 3DS needs to reboot. Did I do something wrong or is it just luck based?

MikeALC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikeALC running these apps has been possible for a long time with cubic ninja, and if you get it running with ironhax, you don't have to change DNS to mess with loading the shop. I run all apps and they coexist with my up-to-date old 3DS XL just fine. I also have my games save just fine with blarg.

Yea, I ran out and bought cubic ninja on sale at K-Mart as soon as the exploit was revealed. Got it for $15 as K-Mart was removing games entirely from their store at this time, and this game was super cheap. I still have the game, but never opened it. I was waiting on the day that more would be done with homebrew, and yes, as of right now, you would benefit from the latest youtube hack, but a patch will happen in the near future and your eshop will be rendered useless as connecting to the internet will automatically search for updates outside of Smea's DNS he provided.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have a switch to turn wifi off in case I want to avoid that (and you can have it on for a bit for homebrew and then just turn it off before getting to the homescreen to avoid auto installs for firmware updates - not to mention you can always just refuse it if you get the nag). Point is, for now you don't actually give up loading the eshop like your post said. If people are interested, now is the time, IMO. If this all gets patched, who knows when another entrypoint will happen. There was a fairly long wait for this after I chose to update from the original cubic ninja.

Last edited by dronesplitter,

hkitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things are working fine for my O3DS so far, with the exception of 3DScraft which shows only sky (and hitting START to exit causes the 3DS to lock up).

Anyone else having that issue with 3DScraft?

Littleonefb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Open Ironfall and make a profile... Pretty much fixes the problem...

Now, I having an issue where Ironhax installed successfully, but when I select the ironhax save, a black screen happens and then I booted out and my 3DS needs to reboot. Did I do something wrong or is it just luck based?

I had opened it prior to starting and created a savegame.

MikeALC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have a switch to turn wifi off in case I want to avoid that (and you can have it on for a bit for homebrew and then just turn it off before getting to the homescreen to avoid auto installs for firmware updates). Point is, for now you don't actually give up loading the eshop like your post said. If people are interested, now is the time, IMO. If this all gets patched, who knows when another entrypoint will happen. There was a fairly long wait for this after I chose to update from the original cubic ninja.

TubeHax blocks the eshop entirely if running on the DNS provided by Smea. Entering the e-shop without the custom DNS will (if one exists) instantly prompt you to download the latest firmware update before even being able to enter the shop. IF however, you were able to get ironfall before nintendo took it down, you could reset your dns, still keep homebrew AND access the eshop as of now, but a patch will happen in the near future and many probably missed the chance to get ironfall.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys Iv tested all the apps using ninja hack 1.1 with ironhax it will boot it and let me look at the apps but it will lock up when i go to load any one have any ideal on how to get it working so we can use 1.1 to downgrade?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1