OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Obama said:
“Tonight, I am announcing that the American combat mission in Iraq has ended. Operation Iraqi Freedom is over, and the Iraqi people now have lead responsibility for the security of their country.”

sauce: http://www.examiner.com/democrat-in-los-an...freedom-is-over

bush-mission-accomplished.jpg

ALL FOR WHAT?

A lot of people lost lives, friends, and families over this whole shitty business. I hope it has been worthwhile and Iraq actually steps up and defends their democracy, but I forsee a theocracy on the way and this whole thing will have not only been a waste, but a setback.

Rest comfortably in Valhalla all yee fallen wariors

Valhalla.jpg

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god....we were a stable country until that dumb ass name bush jr wanted to finish what his father started
in Iraq... finally its over.
smile.gif
thank god

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a 6yr Marine combat veteran. STFU. You have no clue what you're talking about, their sh!t would have been on our doorstep without OIF and OEF. So, again before you talk, understand the whole picture.... more than I could even mention on here. Damn liberals.... the country will fall apart just watch. CORRUPTION is so bad there completely.

Wynd
Semper Fi!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
Thank god....we were a stable country until that dumb ass name bush jr wanted to finish what his father started
in Iraq... finally its over.
smile.gif
thank god

Not disagreeing with you, but if it was a silly war, why did it take Obama this long to pull troops out? Why did he send in more throughout all this time? Bush may have started it, but Obama delayed it's end rather than immediately ending it.

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
From a 6yr Marine combat veteran. STFU. You have no clue what you're talking about, their sh!t would have been on our doorstep without OIF and OEF. So, again before you talk, understand the whole picture.... more than I could even mention on here. Damn liberals.... the country will fall apart just watch. CORRUPTION is so bad there completely.

Wynd
Semper Fi!

adressing me? If so, It's highly unlikely that their shit would have ever made it to our doorstep and even if so they wouldn't have gotten in. If they made it past the guard dog and the men of the house, the maid would have taken them out. People here value our freedom and democracy vehemently and are willing to risk everything in defense of it. I'm not so sure about the Iraqi's and thats why I question whether it was worthwhile. Only time can give me an answer, but the odds are slim. No matter what the cost if freedom and democracy reign for decades to come in Iraq then it was most certainly worthwhile. I'm not questioning whether liberating a nation is worthwhile just whether that nation had/has any desire to be free because in my opinion it will quickly descend into civil war and a theocracy will emerge once again taking freedom from the people.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
wyndcrosser said:

Wynd
Semper Fi!
I think you need to shut the fuck up, jarhead. It is attitude like yours makes you the most hated military forces of all NATO. When I spent 6 month in Afghanistan and they see the Canadian flags they treat us with respect, and you know they've been abused by Americans because they act scared and stay away from them. I'm sure they did the same in Iraq. Being a half Xazra blooded Uzbekistani I can tell you that our people only want peace in the middle east, yes there are a FEW fuck ups, but 98% of us want peace and nothing to do with the US. Americans came in, pissed off the Talibans and made Afghanistan an even worse place than it is. I have lost respect for most of them. Before I saw what you guys do at MCRD with my own eyes and see how much dedication and effort you put into your training and respected you, but in the end all you want to do is kill and say "fuck peace, I'm here for blood". Say that to the Arab and Persian children, I'm sure you are capable.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:

Wynd
Semper Fi!

You is a what now and where was I?!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have to say I am glad it's over. There has been a bunch of blood shed, and some of it was for no reason. I still question why the Government went in, even after seeing satellite photos of nuclear ballistic missiles being smuggled into Syria, and a Soviet Mig capable of carrying nukes being dug up out of the desert. I know a lot of shit went on there in Iraq/other countries in the conflict, but I still want to believe that there was good in the picture. Also those of you that blame Bush (sr./jr./w/e) if you look at the facts so far in the current administration, they've fucked up the home front more than the war ever has.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
XXLANCEXX said:
What about Vietnam...it took 25yrs to end even though they said it stopped so many times

True you're right about that, the war against terrorism was complex and abstract. All I can say is that this war should of ended when the dictator was taken down. Period, not fighting against something that has been happening for awhile now.

D

Deleted User

Technically, only Operation Iraqi Freedom is over. That means the combat is over, however, there are still 50,000 troops advising the Iraqi troops on stabilizing their country.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenDev said:
Technically, only Operation Iraqi Freedom is over. That means the combat is over, however, there are still 50,000 troops advising the Iraqi troops on stabilizing their country.
Correct. Not to mention that USAF still partols over Iraq airspace. Gates said that if necessary US will provide troops to assist them.

It is far from over.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
About time. The country is pretty messed up since the invasion. A pointless war with so many civilian and soldiers lifes lost, where no WMDs were found, nor any links that the Iraqi government were harboring and supporting al-Qaeda.

Logan 5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For all intensive purposes, it's done. Troops stayed in Germany, Japan and everywhere else to advise and assist in the rebuilding, but history remembers the dates of surrender and the dates they were officially declared "over". I'm sure that we will continue to have a strong interest in Iraq for years to come, this isn't a "cut and run" maneuver like the exodus from Vietnam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY