Homebrew IPS patch of FBA CPS2 on Retroarch is problem

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Recently, I tried the patch(based Japan rom) after hearing the news of the Korean patch for D&D2 (960619) as below link;

https://dsno.tistory.com/3174

First, it was confirmed that the parent(Euro) and child(Japan) ROMs run well using the FBA2012 core of Retroarch v1.9.7.

and then applied IPS patch for each file.

I thought that the IPS patch would change ROM size, so it would not run due to checksum. The prediction was not wrong. :)

Is there a way to recognize a tampered D&D2 game by applying an IPS patch? Or is there an easy way to soft-patching it?

*** Note) It runs fine in Final Burn Neo on PC. :)

Last edited by DDinghoya,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RA-HEXAECO was used, but the results were unsuccessful. :)
I did a few searches and unfortunately I haven't found evidence of a version on Wii that lets you ignore/skip the checksum check. A link I found:

Years ago, a dev being adamant about not providing this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-a-new-multi-system-emulator.333126/page-114

If this is important to you and worth a time investment, my only idea is to check the mainline RA releases to see if it happened to be a toggle/feature in one version that was also ported to Wii. It might be out there and just undocumented (on Wii). The good arcade RA ports that I use are around version 1.7.

Reactions: SaulFabre

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I did a few searches and unfortunately I haven't found evidence of a version on Wii that lets you ignore/skip the checksum check. A link I found:

Years ago, a dev being adamant about not providing this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-a-new-multi-system-emulator.333126/page-114

If this is important to you and worth a time investment, my only idea is to check the mainline RA releases to see if it happened to be a toggle/feature in one version that was also ported to Wii. It might be out there and just undocumented (on Wii). The good arcade RA ports that I use are around version 1.7.

Thank you for your strong reply!

For me, this game patched in Korean increases immersion, but English is no problem at all. :)

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is there a way to recognize a tampered D&D2 game by applying an IPS patch? Or is there an easy way to soft-patching it?

*** Note) It runs fine in Final Burn Neo on PC. :)
Could you try the attached version of FBA? I hex edited the crc values for this translation. Of course, it means that when an update to the translation happens, the FBA version will need new values again.

This requires that ddsom.zip and ddsomj.zip are already patched. What I did was unpack both zip files, and apply every IPS file, this got the game to start.

To update the CRC using a hex editor, go to address 0x20BC38, the CRC is located after each name. FBNeo for CPS-2 could be built for Wii but it takes a long time, so for now this should work.

Attachments

• fba_cps2_ddsomj.zip
    717.4 KB · Views: 103

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Could you try the attached version of FBA? I hex edited the crc values for this translation. Of course, it means that when an update to the translation happens, the FBA version will need new values again.

This requires that ddsom.zip and ddsomj.zip are already patched. What I did was unpack both zip files, and apply every IPS file, this got the game to start.

To update the CRC using a hex editor, go to address 0x20BC38, the CRC is located after each name. FBNeo for CPS-2 could be built for Wii but it takes a long time, so for now this should work.

Thank you for your strong support!!!

Korean patched D&D2 works very well!!!

DDinghoya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

@SuperrSonic

I have a question for this issue, If other games on cps2 are patched, do they need each build fba_cps2 core as below link;

https://dsno.tistory.com/3962 (Korean patch for new games after D&D2)

Therefore, In the case of D&D2 if Korean patch is updated, the core's crc update. And Need a new core if another game is patched?

Of course it runs fine with the IPS patching feature of Final Burn Neo on PC.

Last edited by DDinghoya,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==