littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
dark42 said:
*Good speaker (the Touch has a very weak internal speaker, an doesn't even have an opening for it so the sound sounds weak)
*Free OS upgrades (every so often Apple releases OS updates, they do not charge for the iPhone but they do charge Touch users)

The OS upgrades for the iPod are free... I just upgraded from 2.1.1, to 2.2... I wasn't charged a penny...

I really don't know where you get your information pal, but you better check again.

dude its called fact checking when you say that...

1) every so often doesnt mean every update
2) look at 1.x to 2.x

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You never HAVE to pay for an upgrade... it was only for early adopters of the 2.0 firmware... after 6 months, it was completely free to download... because people kept their jailbroke 1.x, so Apple got smart and all firmwares are 100% free now.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm scared of the Data Plan charges if I got the iPhone. And I don't use my cell phone enough to justify the monthly plans they force on the iPhones here in Canada. I love my iPod Touch.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gamma93 said:
Buy a regular cell phone and an iPod touch.

That;s what I did.
Same. I just can't afford the huge monthly charges for a data plan. I'd rather pay 10$ per month than 75$.

About the updates... all you have to do is download the IPSW (iPod Software) file which is available everywhere and they even have direct links form apple.com, and restore form it directly from iTunes. Voila, free upgrade.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
dark42 said:
*Good speaker (the Touch has a very weak internal speaker, an doesn't even have an opening for it so the sound sounds weak)
*Free OS upgrades (every so often Apple releases OS updates, they do not charge for the iPhone but they do charge Touch users)

Ok, both of these statements are completely wrong.

the Touch speaker is the exact same speaker that the iPhone has for "speaker phone"... the opening is actually at the bottom of the iPod, where the connector port is.

The OS upgrades for the iPod are free... I just upgraded from 2.1.1, to 2.2... I wasn't charged a penny...

I really don't know where you get your information pal, but you better check again.
Well both statements are right if he's talking about first generation ipod touch actually.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, they still charge for updates... but not ALL updates for the Touch.
The 2.2 update was free for people who already bought 2.0/have a 2nd gen touch since that came with 2.1.1 already. If you're still on 1.1.4 you pay $10.
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/softwareupdate.html
Eventually they will release another paid update for it. Most likely they'll charge for 3.0, but maybe earlier.
Of course there are free ways of getting the IPSW...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well were on a piracy forum he can get the 2.0 update for free :\ with literally no effort. There are even videos on youtube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head