Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
custom_1235150126191_mgstouch_01.JPG

"The official website for the iPhone's Metal Gear Solid Touch updated today unveiling a bevvy of new details about the upcoming Konami title.

Looking through the site, it appears that Metal Gear Solid Touch will be a rail-shooter of sorts based on the storyline of Metal Gear Solid 4 which will also offer up unlockable wallpapers for your device as you play through the game.

'Experience Metal Gear Solid 4's story as you fight through each action-packed stage,' according to the site."Fire battles and familiar faces await you around every corner.'

The game will feature 'touch-based shooting' which will allow you to move a reticule around with your finger, zoom in and out by pinching the screen and shooting by tapping. Judging by the snippets shown on the official webpage it looks like you will be dropped into static settings where you will then have to shoot bad guys as they jump out from behind cover. It appears that shooting is a timed action.

The game will include a 'special advance release edition' which will let you download the first half of Metal Gear Solid 4's story in advance, according to the website. The save data from the early look will automatically carry over when you update to the final release.

The game will also feature 'Drebin Points' which you earn by clearing each stage and which can be later used to purchase more than 40 unique wallpapers.

I'm told that the first trailer for the game will be aired tonight on Spike TV's GameTrailer TV. I assume that the site will update with the trailer shorter after that."

Pics below:
medium_3294802029_6a8077d6bd_o.jpg
medium_3294802043_6b227f750e_o.jpg
medium_3295626788_6eac73b11f_o.jpg
medium_3295626800_03b849fc82_o.jpg
medium_3295626808_1e34e2a8fb_o.jpg

Source + Gallery

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has been on the touch konami japan website for a while now, but the screens looks very sexy. I bet people are going to buy iTouches for this. This game will probably deserve a spot on my app list next to i Love Katamari.

P

pasc

the thing I always will and alwys doubt about iphone/pod games are the contorls...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the bigger news of the game being revealed is that it's just a rail retelling of MGS4 and not another actual story entry like I was worrying about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill