Apple iPhone 5 won't turn on and charge

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an iPhone 5 that is on firmware 6.1 and its jailbroken. Basically the other night my iPhone 5 ran out of battery and died, so the next day in the morning I put it on charge and noticed that nothing was happening. I didn't get the battery icon on the screen that it was charging, all I got was a black screen(the off screen) and so I waited about an hour while it was on charge to see if it would show me the battery screen. Nothing was happening even after the hour so I tried different USB ports and different outlets and still the same thing. Then I started to press random buttons on the iPhone and holding stuff and even then nothing happened. After that I tried to put it on charge again and it magically started to charge and showed me the charging screen. I charged it up to 100% and later that night the phone died again from normal use. Now I have the same problem but its not magically charging again like last time. Does anyone know how to fix this? My phone has been on charge for the past 2 hours and still nothing on it.​
EDIT: I connect it to the computer and still nothing, my computer doesn't even recognize that I put in a USB device into it, and so doesn't iTunes..​

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you will lose your jailbreak and be forced to update but, ummm...

1. Make sure your device is turned off. Hold Home and the Lock button until the display disappears.
2. Open iTunes on your computer.
3. Plug in the USB port end into your computer.
4. Now Hold the Home button and plug in the other end of the cable into your device. Your device should appear with the iTunes logo and a cable.
5. iTunes should notify you that your device is in Recovery Mode.
6. Click Restore. Your device will be updated to 6.1.4.

That's what I got.

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you will lose your jailbreak and be forced to update but, ummm...

1. Make sure your device is turned off. Hold Home and the Lock button until the display disappears.
2. Open iTunes on your computer.
3. Plug in the USB port end into your computer.
4. Now Hold the Home button and plug in the other end of the cable into your device. Your device should appear with the iTunes logo and a cable.
5. iTunes should notify you that your device is in Recovery Mode.
6. Click Restore. Your device will be updated to 6.1.4.

That's what I got.
Its not that I have a black screen that is lit up. The phone is completely off thats what I meant when I have a black screen it looks like the phone is off. And my lock button is broken.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure though, did anyone here ever send in a jailbroken iPhone to Verizon. And I thought Verizon is just the middleman and they send the phone to Apple after getting it.

You can still send it in, just don't say you jailbroke it. Once they fix it, they can't do anything to you since it's legal. At best, they could banish you from a local Apple store. Or charge you, since the warranty is broken.

eyecat14

GBATemp's Lovely Jizzing Mordecai™
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT GO! THEY WILL CALL THE POLICE AND YOU WILL GET ARRESTED FOR 30 YEARS.

Ahahaha, I'm just kidding, they won't do anything to you, the worst the could do Is just ban you, my sister go her phone fixed, don't be afraid man, go for it!

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still send it in, just don't say you jailbroke it. Once they fix it, they can't do anything to you since it's legal. At best, they could banish you from a local Apple store. Or charge you, since the warranty is broken.
Yeah but I don't want to get charged. I mean if they fix my phone and found out, they will most likely just send my phone back and require me to send back the new iphone they sent me. And if they send my new phone it most likely will be fixed cause they needed to fix it to see if it was jailbroken. But anyways is there no way to fix it?

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but I don't want to get charged. I mean if they fix my phone and found out, they will most likely just send my phone back and require me to send back the new iphone they sent me. And if they send my new phone it most likely will be fixed cause they needed to fix it to see if it was jailbroken. But anyways is there no way to fix it?

Well the only way I know to fix is the way I explained. But since your button is broken, the only way to fix is to fix the button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock