• Vanilla all the way son

Votes: 18 12.8%

• Total voters

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats true, But if you manage to install some dodgy file to sysNAND & manage to corrupt your storage or actual nand, That it... Its done. If you do the same to redNAND, It bricks redNAND, Format SD & start again. Thats the reason most people use it (Well thats why I use it anyway)
Right, as why i said it's 100% safe.

But at the same time, even though you can just format the SD card, maybe the first line of protection other people should take is to know what they are doing. Eliminating the need to do that.

The best would be sysnand with coldboot recovery like we had on wii
This. Priiloader/Bootmii alldey

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You failed somewhere, redNAND have sigpatches and don't even check if the .tmd/.tik is right...
So the .h3/.app are fucked up, the file you provided while packing are fucked too then
I dont know what happens then. I get error code 0xFFFBF442. Verify title.tik and WUP files ar correct & complete.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NUS packer made installation files should work on iosu cfw (yes calling it that now cause Nexocube is triggered lol) as it has sig patches but for some reason it thosen't and I have no information on why it thosent but apparently it should on REDNAND

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand is enough for most. Nobody really needs brick protection as long as they install games.
I have been corrupting files and stuff then installing to see if the brick. The either don't install or partially install.
Rednand is good if you need added protection.
Most users don't

Ninty has a 1% chance of throwing out a new update so no issue

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
@KevinX8, hey, add "sysNAND will never support coldboothax to iosuhax sysNAND." to the sysNAND cons.
  • Can never be updated That's not 100% known whatsover, okay?

• System will be limited to the speeds of your sd card so a slow sd will dramatically effect load times So? Who uses slow SD's anyway, especially at 64GB or higher.

• Dumping your system can take between 1-9 hours depending on your NAND/SD setup It's a one time thing, really impatient people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nobody really needs brick protection
*bricks*

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
As you stated

I'm pretty sure a coldboot hack will be possible in sysnand is the future
um where did you get this info from? this thosent even make sense considering the way rednand and iosu cfw are launched are in the exact same way
The current coldboothax requires replacing sysNAND's default title, therefore when you load iosuhax for sysNANd it'll automatically load homebrew in a bootloop.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The current coldboothax requires replacing sysNAND's default title, therefore when you load iosuhax for sysNANd it'll automatically load homebrew in a bootloop.
oh yeah lol I saw someone do youtube vid of that and it happened to him, like I said coldboot hax is no good until we get boot0 cfw

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
If you need brick protection use your rednand.
Not many need brick protection
Why do you put lines after you type.
Like this? But seriously, it's safer and a better solution, you're all basically using PastaCFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh yeah lol I saw someone do youtube vid of that and it happened to him, like I said coldboot hax is no good until we get boot0 cfw
And, uh no? It's perfectly fine and works with redNAND, just doesn't work with sysNAND?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current coldboothax
Thats the magic word.

The current coldboothax is shit.

Once Salt Releases a proper cfw you won't be able to update to it because they stated it might not work with the current rednand. Not only that but you can't boot sysnand and edit system.xml. Now I don't know about you but I hate being stuck with something outdated

Last edited by xtheman,
Reactions: Deleted User

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Thats the magic word.

The current coldboothax is shit.

Once Salt Releases a proper cfw you won't be able to update to it because they stated it might not work with the current rednand. Not only that but you can't boot sysnand and edit system.xml
IT'S shit; what are you talking about, are you actually retarted? It's a good solution.

Afraidium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK let me chime in here as well.

*** Do not attempt ColdBoot ***

If you try that shit you are going to brick.

Let me explain real quick like.

Stage:1 Hardware checks software in mlc, hardware loads software AKA System OS.
Stage:2 OS checks sigs and whatnot for OS related security, I.E. Games and titles.
Stage:3 We boot isouhax through OS, in a vulerability within OS.
Stage:4 You want to patch files checked in OS by hardware?
Stage:5 You decide to make these changes then wonder why the fuck you bricked, because you can't tell hardware the files in OS are legit.
Stage:6 You post here whining about shit and we laugh at you.
Stage:7 After reading this, you decide not to *** Brick your WiiU ***

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT'S shit; what are you talking about, are you actually retarted? It's a good solution.
It is until a better solution comes out. You know once coldboothax is installed you can't uninstall it. So when a better hax comes out your wii u will be booting into a not as good back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since