Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any clarification on the future possibilities of backups, are your words in th OP to be taken litreral i.e that this exploit can NEVER lead to backups or are we as i suggest, just talking about this homebrew channel and code etc by the developer and really not the exploit related to all his works which obviously don't support any of the sort?

There is really 3 options

You avoid the question and after long enough we can feel we have an answer = people will be on hate mode which benefits none.

You tell us the truth regardless of yes or no = some get disappointed but deal with it, without hate and we maintain respect on all sides.

You lie and say no to hold back the flood gates = people will be on hate mode which benefits none.

I hope for the middle route.......

He isn't *even trying* to exploit the 3DS for piracy. He certainly isn't going to find out if this is a possibility and tell you that it is, since he obviously doesn't agree with pirating.

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible that other games are exploitable using this same exploit? such as more common games being eligible?

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any clarification on the future possibilities of backups, are your words in th OP to be taken litreral i.e that this exploit can NEVER lead to backups or are we as i suggest, just talking about this homebrew channel and code etc by the developer and really not the exploit related to all his works which obviously don't support any of the sort?

There is really 3 options

You avoid the question and after long enough we can feel we have an answer = people will be on hate mode which benefits none.

You tell us the truth regardless of yes or no = some get disappointed but deal with it, without hate and we maintain respect on all sides.

You lie and say no to hold back the flood gates = people will be on hate mode which benefits none.

I hope for the middle route.......
It's already been explained very clearly. The homebrew launcher SSSPwn installs doesn't itself allow for piracy, but there's always the possibility that someone will use it to enable piracy. Although Smealum took steps to prevent that from happening it's a possibility and no one can know for sure.

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BRB buying all copies of Cubic Ninja and reselling them for astronomical prices. After all, you guys only want homebrew, right?

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
So long as smea controls the exploit hes not going to be doing anything to allow piracy to run on his exploit. I don't know what will happen once the details are released, but I can tell you, 100%, that smea is against piracy and won't be working to let it happen.

Got to go to work for a bit and get things done so I'll answer questions in the morning.

Thank you, from what you just said i would say you should change the original post just a little to reflect the truth. I don't ask anything of anyone, but be honest if your going to speak. The question was simple, is it exploit or code based? the lack of piracy per say. It is clearly from your dance around the question that you don't know or you do know and its code and not exploit based ( the said lack of piracy).

Don't get jocks twisted just trying to read between the line and out the truth. As shake pear said in his works " the truth will out"

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That was easier than I thought it would be, so glad it was a bargain bin game that's probably sitting in every Big Lots and Five Below in town to boot.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been answered several times, but I looked for and could not find an answer. Is the homebrew channel actually installed onto the system? or do we have to go through the game every time to launch it?

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe we can just look at this as bad karma for Ubisoft after they basically abandoned the Wii U and for releasing the cashgrab that is AC: Unity

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You live in the US you have to have $5 to spare if not ask a family member.... You can just go to Gamestop and buy it used for $5
panhandle for like 45 minutes

just trying to read between the line and out the truth
You're trying to create fake outrage because you feel entitled to software. If you want an exploit that allows pirating games, you'll have to write it your damn self.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
He isn't *even trying* to exploit the 3DS for piracy. He certainly isn't going to find out if this is a possibility and tell you that it is, since he obviously doesn't agree with pirating.

He doesn't have to look for that specifically, that would show itself whether he wanted to know or not in his works as a computing science man. I'm not asking for anyone to work on it for me or the community. Thats not the point in any of my posts in this thread.

I don't like seeing an front paged thread with missinfo/disinfo. The op clearly states the "exploit" doen't allow it. Is it in anyway beneficial for the thread poster, this site etc. to be embroiled in scandals later on due to wordings which are found to contain deception deliberate or not?

I think not, so a clarification or a edit is in order. If you don't know something for fact do you spread it or do you just omit it until it's clear.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This has probably been answered several times, but I looked for and could not find an answer. Is the homebrew channel actually installed onto the system? or do we have to go through the game every time to launch it?
Yeah i think so, Ryukouki wrote this on the first porst:
Once the exploit is installed, you will have the Homebrew Channel, not so unlike that of the Nintendo Wii, on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol