Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiiro_Yakumo

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Saw it for around $5 on Amazon however they all got sniped so I ordered it for $10. I'm guessing anything more than that is the seller trying to rip you off.

If you see something like $30 or $40 they reseller could just be selling it at the eShop price (as retail 3DS games new are usually around that price point)
Heh so I had a feeling about the one place correct.
In calculation they try to sell it for something near 30$ plus shipping.
I guess I will try searching less pricy place even if I will have to order it from somewhere across (or under) the sea!
Thank You very much for help ^_^

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
There's nothing factually inaccurate. Maybe you don't understand the nuances of the language used. What are you confused about?

This exploit does not enable piracy.
Unless you were to modify it, in which case it would no longer be *this* exploit.

We can play games or get to it. Any laymen in laymen's terms here would take the op statement that the game to be announced with any code regardless and any procedure does not allow for backups.
Am i wrong in reading this from the op? If so forgive me but thats what i see that people will see and take from the op. If so cool, or since i started clarify and be honest or delete/change the statement.

We're not politicians here, we're mates.....

All exploits have limitation from the highest level to the bottom or vie versa but as far as security goes it's always from no to low to medium to high access to the kernels functions. What people want is to know the limitation of the exploit not any code or procedure by the developer.

I'm pretty sure you all know what i mean but are trying to side step me. anyway........

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this guy for real?

We can play games or get to it. Any laymen in laymen's terms here would take the op statement that the game to be announced with any code regardless and any procedure does not allow for backups.
Am i wrong in reading this from the op? If so forgive me but thats what i see that people will see and take from the op. If so cool, or since i started clarify and be honest or delete/change the statement.

We're not politicians here, we're mates.....

All exploits have limitation from the highest level to the bottom or vie versa but as far as security goes it's always from no to low to medium to high access to the kernels functions. What people want is to know the limitation of the exploit not any code or procedure by the developer.

I'm pretty sure you all know what i mean but are trying to side step me. anyway........

Nobody is side stepping you. You are failing to comprehend the explanations being provided. Frankly your poor sentence structure makes it hard to decipher what you're even trying to argue.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
I should turn off the bloody email that tells me I have a notification for the time being. :P

But anyway, last response for tonight! The way this exploit was explained to me was that the developers of Cubic Ninja were trying to essentially prevent a backdoor to exploit their code, but in the process of working on that backdoor they opened up a bigger vulnerability, which made this exploit all the more possible. There is a ton more information on smealum's dev blog that goes into the exploit details. In return for the backdoor, unauthorized code is allowed to run in arm11 but it won't be enough to break the system completely down to let people do what they want, ie piracy.

Looking at the current 4.5 version exploit for flash chips, you have two different exploits, an MSET DS User Profile exploit, providing Arm11 usermode capabilities, and a firmware vulnerability that allows arm9 code execution. The higher firmwares patched the later portion, but the exploit here swaps the firmware exploit with the ability to run arbitrary code, which in turn runs code but can't go much further than that.

Fantastic, thank you. Now i could say that wasn't to hard was it? But i will say with sincerity thank you, and i apologize if i've being a pain or offended in your thread.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can't take steps against the exploit lol, and they do know for sure lol. Computing science officer and system administrator for a university for 30 years and know c++ better than my native language. Sorry for sounding or possibly being condescending but the truth is the truth. Just because most don't understand what we say and do doesn't mean it's true......;
All the c++ knowledge in the world can't change the fact that it's a usermode exploit, and while the exploit could be used to launch altered code by someone else, it stops being his and becomes someone else's. You could also add to your credibility by not using so many unnecessary punctuation marks and lols.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody is side stepping you. You are failing to comprehend the explanations being provided. Frankly your poor sentence structure makes it hard to decipher what you're even trying to argue.

If the case i apologizes, english is not my first language but i thought i had it somewhat going. I think definition of exploit, unsigned code, homebrew and the way people use the terms loosely is the problem. No hard feeling to anyone and hope not to me, i am just trying to get a clear path of understanding...

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Cubic Ninja at Big Lots a few months ago when they were getting rid of all their games for $5.

THANK YOU LORD

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are if Gateway does have a 9.x exploit, somebody will reverse engineer it and make it work with ssspwn.

most likely GW has the same or similar ssspwn exploit , that is there new 9.x FW it will allow all the same homebrew as ssspwn and it will also allow rom loading but of course GW will lock it so you need the red card inserted , this is just my guess

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I kept getting empty carts when trying to get it off Amazon (everyone was grabbing them up), but I finally got one for about $8. I just got an email that it has shipped, but that expected delivery date.....from Nov 24th to as late as Dec 10th. Don't even know where it's coming from, but if the seller is from CA (went by EXTRALIFE), then I won't have to wait too long. But, if it's from some place on the east coast......ugh....

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
most likely GW has the same or similar ssspwn exploit , that is there new 9.x FW it will allow all the same homebrew as ssspwn and it will also allow rom loading but of course GW will lock it so you need the red card inserted , this is just my guess

I honestly believe we will have another Waninkoko situation not long after this gets released. If that ends up being the case Gateway wont be needed for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: i was just "window" shopping