Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i think so, Ryukouki wrote this on the first porst:
Once the exploit is installed, you will have the Homebrew Channel, not so unlike that of the Nintendo Wii, on your system.

That's what I thought. I figured the 3ds would have a bit more security than that. Sort of like the wii u where every app is verified upon launch

Reactions: Rizzorules

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't have to look for that specifically, that would show itself whether he wanted to know or not in his works as a computing science man. I'm not asking for anyone to work on it for me or the community. Thats not the point in any of my posts in this thread.

I don't like seeing an front paged thread with missinfo/disinfo. The op clearly states the "exploit" doen't allow it. Is it in anyway beneficial for the thread poster, this site etc. to be embroiled in scandals later on due to wordings which are found to contain deception deliberate or not?

I think not, so a clarification or a edit is in order. If you don't know something for fact do you spread it or do you just omit it until it's clear.

There's nothing factually inaccurate. Maybe you don't understand the nuances of the language used. What are you confused about?

This exploit does not enable piracy.
Unless you were to modify it, in which case it would no longer be *this* exploit.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
It's already been explained very clearly. The homebrew launcher SSSPwn installs doesn't itself allow for piracy, but there's always the possibility that someone will use it to enable piracy. Although Smealum took steps to prevent that from happening it's a possibility and no one can know for sure.

He can't take steps against the exploit lol, and they do know for sure lol. Computing science officer and system administrator for a university for 30 years and know c++ better than my native language. Sorry for sounding or possibly being condescending but the truth is the truth. Just because most don't understand what we say and do doesn't mean it's true......;

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Chances are if Gateway does have a 9.x exploit, somebody will reverse engineer it and make it work with ssspwn.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should turn off the bloody email that tells me I have a notification for the time being. :P

But anyway, last response for tonight! The way this exploit was explained to me was that the developers of Cubic Ninja were trying to essentially prevent a backdoor to exploit their code, but in the process of working on that backdoor they opened up a bigger vulnerability, which made this exploit all the more possible. There is a ton more information on smealum's dev blog that goes into the exploit details. In return for the backdoor, unauthorized code is allowed to run in arm11 but it won't be enough to break the system completely down to let people do what they want, ie piracy.

Looking at the current 4.5 version exploit for flash chips, you have two different exploits, an MSET DS User Profile exploit, providing Arm11 usermode capabilities, and a firmware vulnerability that allows arm9 code execution. The higher firmwares patched the later portion, but the exploit here swaps the firmware exploit with the ability to run arbitrary code, which in turn runs code but can't go much further than that.

Reactions: rainparadesamurai

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you even have it on in the first place?

That's actually a really good question, I have no idea why it's on again... :mellow: A lot of my settings changed for whatever reason earlier today and I have no explanation lol.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Cubic ******* Ninja.
FML. That is some Indie Europe game ._.

It's a Ubisoft game.
Edit: My apologies,
corrected:

Cubic ******* Ninja.

FML. That is some Unpaid Interns that live in Europe being slaves to Ubisoft's game ._.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: KazoWAR

Kiiro_Yakumo

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
What is theoretical "base" price for the game in dollars?
I just would like to know if sellers in my country are doing the usual rip-off polytics or not :P
I can recalculate the price to my currency so the dollars way is okay.

It's a shame it wasn't DoA in the end - which I own - but this game looks quite ok to play as well :)
so...
ALL HAIL HELIX LORD!!!
(I'm done here XD)

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, I'm in a US 3DS region country and both my XLs are EU..... I'll have to wait for now.

I saw a couple on amazon.co.uk for 5 pounds.

Reminder to everyone:

IF YOUR REGION IS U, then the game you buy should have an E for everyone ESRB Rating

IF YOUR REGION IS E, then the game you but should have a PEGI 7 Rating.

Vote to rename this Smiley/Emoji ( :ninja: ) to Cubic Ninja.

Reactions: VinsCool

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is theoretical "base" price for the game in dollars?
I just would like to know if sellers in my country are doing the usual rip-off polytics or not :P
I can recalculate the price to my currency so the dollars way is okay.

It's a shame it wasn't DoA in the end - which I own - but this game looks quite ok to play as well :)
so...
ALL HAIL HELIX LORD!!!
(I'm done here XD)

Saw it for around $5 on Amazon however they all got sniped so I ordered it for $10. I'm guessing anything more than that is the seller trying to rip you off.

If you see something like $30 or $40 they reseller could just be selling it at the eShop price (as retail 3DS games new are usually around that price point)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One of my friends wants to do a pc wall build I'm like but you constantly complain about roaches lol