Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cause you to vomit uncontrollably after 15 minutes of use
Is that a thing? Virtual boy is a little before my time, but that sounds pretty bad- like cloverfeild status
If this ever gets tweaked to possibly enable region free then i was thinking, do you guys think it would be possible to say buy a import 3ds game and people create a translation patch to make the game english and run the patch through a sd card kind of like how the wii does using a original import disc?
Then i'll have spent some money on video games. :-O the horror.

EDIT: i'm new here and somehow replied to the wrong thing. I don't know how to fix it sorry.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
If this ever gets tweaked to possibly enable region free then i was thinking, do you guys think it would be possible to say buy a import 3ds game and people create a translation patch to make the game english and run the patch through a sd card kind of like how the wii does using a original import disc?

That's something like Riivolution, which he said isn't possible. However he said region-free could be developed but not by him.

Reactions: cvskid

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
It would require lots of crazyness...
Better idea would be patching the game file and then run in some way, not do it on-the-fly.

Reactions: cvskid

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that a thing? Virtual boy is a little before my time, but that sounds pretty bad- like cloverfeild st Then i'll have spent some money on video games. :-O the horror.
I'm exaggerating a bit, but I did own a Virtual Boy and it was bad. I couldn't stand to play over half an hour. Some of the games were pretty fun though.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm exaggerating a bit, but I did own a Virtual Boy and it was bad. I couldn't stand to play over half an hour. Some of the games were pretty fun though.
It for sure took some time for me to get used to the 3DS screen, but it never was bad enough to get me to stop playing. But I agree with the comment down this thread a bit, would be a great emulator for the 3DS. I'm very excited to get some serious use out of my little purple playmate.

clemull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
And soon, we'll be flooded with outlandish requests for hombrew apps. OOH! You know what we need? How about an app that lets you use the 3DS as a TV remote using the IR? Or maybe a skype client? Or perhaps some 3DS Chat Roulette? Think of the possibilities :D
IR Services

Only one session(two sessions starting with 8.0.0-18) to any of these services can be open at a time, thus only one/two process(es) can use any of these services at once. These services interface with hardware services gpio::IR and i2c::IR. The i2c::IR service is used for sending/receiving data.
IRU is for regular IR comms. IRUSER uses a custom IR protocol(above the physical layer). Both of these services use IrDA-SIR. The IR hardware seems to only support IrDA-SIR, other physical protocols such as the one for TV-remotes are not supported(going by the datasheet linked here for a different IC at least). Source http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/IR_Services

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IR Services

Only one session(two sessions starting with 8.0.0-18) to any of these services can be open at a time, thus only one/two process(es) can use any of these services at once. These services interface with hardware services gpio::IR and i2c::IR. The i2c::IR service is used for sending/receiving data.
IRU is for regular IR comms. IRUSER uses a custom IR protocol(above the physical layer). Both of these services use IrDA-SIR. The IR hardware seems to only support IrDA-SIR, other physical protocols such as the one for TV-remotes are not supported(going by the datasheet linked here for a different IC at least). Source http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/IR_Services
Good to know. Though for the record, I was being slightly sarcastic in my app suggestions, though they would be dandy, and I'm sure someone else may have eventually asked for the same things. Though I do have to wonder how feasible something like a person to person vid or voice chat application would be.

ineverwipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is all

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416276920057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416276920057.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 178

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Smea is going to release the name of the game days before releasing the exploit. Has he lost his mind? So what happens between that time when Nintendo rolls out an update just to stop the exploit from working? I'd really like to know what his plan is for that? How does he plan on prolonging his little exploit for more than a day?

Sparks43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dead or Alive: Dimensions

This is my guess for the game and im sticking to it

And i dont bloody own it...............

Yet :grog:

Reactions: amoulton

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So Smea is going to release the name of the game days before releasing the exploit. Has he lost his mind? So what happens between that time when Nintendo rolls out an update just to stop the exploit from working? I'd really like to know what his plan is for that? How does he plan on prolonging his little exploit for more than a day?

it doesnt matter, he knows that it will be blocked immediately anyway

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that if you want an exploit, you should disable updates once you're on the version that's supported. You can turn Wifi off, or delete your wifi settings. If he releases the name of the game before the nature of the exploit is revealed, it could give a certain window for people to acquire the software before a patch is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries