Hacking Internet/Wiiconnect24 + Homebrew Channel Safe?

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii to watch DVDs, play my old point and click games with ScummVM, and play imported games; but I shut off Wiiconnect24 and I'm not sure if it's ok to use again. I want to still be able to use the Wii Shop Channel and the Mario Kart Channel. Is it ok for me to turn Wiiconnect24 back on and not have my console get bricked? Also, I'm using firmware 3.3.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll be fine. I have The Homebrew Channel installed along with hacked WADs and I use Wii Store, Everybody Votes, Check Mii Out, and SSBB online play frequently without any problems.

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
You'll be fine. I have The Homebrew Channel installed along with hacked WADs and I use Wii Store, Everybody Votes, Check Mii Out, and SSBB online play frequently without any problems.
I'm guessing you're also using the same firmware version as me (3.3)?

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dartdude6 said:
Luriden said:

I have pretty much the same setup as him and yes 3.3

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dartdude6 said:
Luriden said:

Yep, I use 3.3. There's no telling if Nintendo will start cracking down in the future with a new firmware update, but I'm sure you'll hear it here (or elsewhere) first if they do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1