ROM Hack Interesting stuff in Contra 4...

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
If this really is based on PocketNES then kudos to them. One thing that really irritates me is big companies thinking they are better than us, yet in reality who writes the better emulators most of the time? I think them using our community's stuff is great personally (obviously only the stuff we say is free for use). If I had a dollar for every official translation that was worse than the fan translation or for every game that is only in English via fan translation I'd have a good few dollars to my name.

Tanks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here comes your beta stuff!

I found the graphics for the Test Level and UNKOWN IMAGE! :wtf:

If you look at the test level, you can see Bill's sprites along with what I believe to be a broken up enemy sprite. I also see a very crappy looking GameBoy style waterfall along with some other GameBoy looking sprites. On the bottom there should be something along the lines of the waterfall sprite used in the game.

I've also been working on getting the museum pictures to display properly. As you can see... it's not the easiest thing to do. Sure I can get the right palette but lining them up correctly is a pain. I've been working with bonus Sheena image. I found it help full to get rid of all the excess crap at the beginning of file with a hex editor. That allowed the image to line up better. It still didn't work the miracle I needed... and so I'm stuck with this...

And just to show something to you guys that's not garbled...

Contra 3 Jimbo/Sully/Recolors sprites

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...