PS1/2 Interested in buying a PS3

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I heard that the 40gb models are gonna be replaced by 80gb models and the price will stay the same soon, is this true?

For now, this looks quite good (I suppose) - PS3 40gb for £259 http://www.johnlewis.com/230448287/Product.aspx?source=12021

Are there better deals or game bundle deals which are worth looking at?

Complete PS3 newb, reporting out!

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
the price is gud thats the cheapest i ever seen
but u wont get any games with it
i bought mine for £300 it came with 2 games and hmi cable + other cables.
if u r willing to spend some more money in to it, i would suggest to wait for the 80 gb which is coming on this friday, or if u dont want to spend too much buy that 40gb ps3 then upgrade the harddrive.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
as you are from the UK i would suggest checking out shopto.net amazon UK and play.com for latest ps3 bundles, you are bound to find something there, you are best off upgrading the hard drive to something bigger though like 250gb.

blizzak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also interested in buying a PS3, but after Liepzig. I've decided to wait. A 120gb and a 160gb PS3 with dual shock 3 contollers will be replacing the 40gb and 80gb model

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/20/...-announcements/

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/De...mp;NewsAreaID=2

So wait for this release and either purchase one of them [the 120 and 160gb are to retain the prices of the 40 and 80gb respectively], or get a 40 or 80gb model cheap and put in a OEM hard drive
biggrin.gif

john310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You better go to your local store, and hope that they still sell the MGS4 Bundle, because that's the best deal you are going to get. It has BC compatibility, dual shock 3, MGS4, and a PAIN game. Now is the last chance, and soon, it'll be gone forever...

C

CasperH

john310 said:
You better go to your local store, and hope that they still sell the MGS4 Bundle, because that's the best deal you are going to get. It has BC compatibility, dual shock 3, MGS4, and a PAIN game. Now is the last chance, and soon, it'll be gone forever...
In Europe there is no BC compatability in ANY version I taught
Maybe you can wait till the 160 GB version is coming! If you do I'm with you
grog.gif

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
None of the euro models have bc, the old 60gb did. The 80 and 160 have NO bc but sony have announced that it will have selective bc with specific titles through emulation. Go for the 80, its nice! I did
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu