Homebrew InstallMii Repo thread [Constantly Updating]

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am looking very forward to this. I see as of now that the amount of repos are scarce, even though I am excited for the future.
Yes, me too. Well, the main downside for many of us may be the amount of work that is needed to keep everything up-to-date. Things would be easier if we could use RawGit.

Reactions: Buttsnake

YodaDaCoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have created my own repository. URL is
Code:
http://3ds.yodadacoda.info/

For the packages that see releases on Github, I have a script that will automatically download the new releases so that I can then manually add them to the repository (as I can never guarantee what format a release will be in).

I'm happy to take requests for packages to be added. Feel free to check it out.

Reactions: Sachi

AileenLumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Code:

For the packages that see releases on Github, I have a script that will automatically download the new releases so that I can then manually add them to the repository (as I can never guarantee what format a release will be in).

Could you maybe share your script (PHP?) ? :)

Also, no one has ever confirmed that he/she was able to install anything successfully, so could you please try to install anything using installMii? :)

Last edited by AileenLumina,

YodaDaCoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you maybe share your script (PHP?) ?

Two scripts; one in Python, one in shell script. Happy to release in the near future, but not just yet. I don't know PHP, but would welcome a frontend through which devs (or other authorised persons) could upload updated packages.

Also, no one has ever confirmed that he/she was able to install anything successfully, so could you please try to install anything using installMii? :)

I installed a couple things from my repo that weren't on my 3DS to begin with, but I didn't think to verify that they installed. Will do so sometime in the near future for you (I'm in the middle of OOT game and really don't want to put it down just yet).

Reactions: AileenLumina

AileenLumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Two scripts; one in Python, one in shell script. Happy to release in the near future, but not just yet. I don't know PHP, but would welcome a frontend through which devs (or other authorised persons) could upload updated packages.

I installed a couple things from my repo that weren't on my 3DS to begin with, but I didn't think to verify that they installed. Will do so sometime in the near future for you (I'm in the middle of OOT game and really don't want to put it down just yet).
I fully understand, enjoy the awesome game then.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:

What does your repository fall under?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind seems to be added by @AidanLumina :P

Reactions: AileenLumina

AileenLumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What does your repository fall under?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind seems to be added by @AidanLumina :P
Hey, happy to see you again :) Yes I decided to not categorize the repos just yet because we barely have any ^^ And those we have basically contain all different kinds homebrew.

If anybody knows some repos that have yet to be added, please tell us about it :)

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, happy to see you again :) Yes I decided to not categorize the repos just yet because we barely have any ^^ And those we have basically contain all different kinds homebrew.

If anybody knows some repos that have yet to be added, please tell us about it :)
I've been back for awhile. You haven't seen me because I may or may not have forgotten about this thread ;) Thanks for keeping it in tip top shape though! I'll be checking every now and then but I'm still counting on you!

YodaDaCoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Tested and confirmed working.

Unfortunately xml-based apps (e.g. loading Decrypt9 through BrahmaLoader) aren't compatible as the xml file needs to be in the 3ds folder directly (not within a subfolder) and InstallMii doesn't support downloading to anything other than /3ds/<app-name>/*

Last edited by YodaDaCoda,

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unfortunately xml-based apps (e.g. loading Decrypt9 through BrahmaLoader) aren't compatible as the xml file needs to be in the 3ds folder directly (not within a subfolder) and InstallMii doesn't support downloading to anything other than /3ds/<app-name>/*
You mean the xml descriptor files? Those work in sub-directories last I checked.

YodaDaCoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean the xml descriptor files? Those work in sub-directories last I checked.
Try installing and running uncart from my repo. Then move the uncart.xml from the /3ds/uncart/ folder to the /3ds/ folder. If there's something I'm doing wrong, please let me know.l

AileenLumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Really *working* Do they appear on the homebrew launcher after downloading? Because on my n3DS, they don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-