Hacking Installing Wad's screwed me over.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I purchased Pokemon Puzzle League on Saturday. (Cost me 1,000 points.) Now, I dumped it, packed it into a .wad and tried to install it myself; it didn't work (big suprise.) When it brought me back to the Wii menu, my Pokemon Puzzle League was gone. (I guess since the .wad install failed, it erased my game.) So, I went to the shop channel to re-download it.

It says I have to pay 1,000 points. I have to re-purchase the game. I can't re-download it for free like all of my other titles.

I've also lost Lostwinds, and I didn't even get a chance to try it..

Now, unless someone can pack my files into a .wad and get it working, I Just got screwed over and I'm really not happy about it. I just want you all to be aware of this.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, it's a known fact that illegally installed wad files have an illegal ticket file. that obviously overwrites your purchased ticket.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not known to me, I don't even know what the f*** a ticket is, Lol. Anyway.. I just wanted to let you guys know not to make the same stupid mistake I did. I do, however, have the .app files needed to pack Pokemon Puzzle League and Lostwinds. I can't pack .wad's, 'cause they always end up not working. SO if anyone can, PM me and I'll send you the link.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vampant said:
Just wondering if you bought it why did you try to install it like the hack ones?

Just to test them. Everytime I've tired to pack .wad's, they never work, so I tried using a different PC to pack them and see if they'd work. I've done it before and never had this problem, so I figured why not.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do you still have the original dump you made (of your nand filesystem)? if the error is -4100 when you try to install the wad, then your PC produces defective wad files. try on another PC or using the blaze wad packer to create a new wad from your nand dump, then try again to install that.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the negativity, jurai. I appreciate it. It's what I needed to kick-start my oh-so awesome morning of losing 20$ due to trying to get 2 titles for all of you.

Arakon: the error I'm getting is -1022. Same error I usually get with this PC.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
still, if you have a valid nand dump, then you can create a working wad from that. use the blaze packer with the -p option.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arakon said:
still, if you have a valid nand dump, then you can create a working wad from that. use the blaze packer with the -p option.

The only problem with that is I don't understand how to do it. I usually use that .jar file that does all the work for you. Can I use that to get all the files together and then pack them with the Blaze packer?

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arakon: I cannot thank you enough. It worked. I got Pokemon Puzzle League back and it's in .wad file. I seriously appreciate your advice and help, you just made me the happiest girl on earth. Seriously, I'm so so happy right now!! haha. Thanks alot to all of you, seriously.

Sinky

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
Thanks for the negativity, jurai. I appreciate it. It's what I needed to kick-start my oh-so awesome morning of losing 20$ due to trying to get 2 titles for all of you.

His comment was no more negative than your post. The title should be 'I screwed myself by installing WADs without doing proper research'. You admitted that you made 'a stupid mistake', we're just agreeing with you. Do some more research and you should be able to get both games back, or continue firing off half-cocked and live with the results.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lazycus said:
sonknuck23 said:

His comment was no more negative than your post. The title should be 'I screwed myself by installing WADs without doing proper research'. You admitted that you made 'a stupid mistake', we're just agreeing with you. Do some more research and you should be able to get both games back, or continue firing off half-cocked and live with the results.

..Thanks, but I sort of figured it out, Lol. : ) ; I got Pokemon Puzzle League, but I'm having an issue with Lostwinds. When I gather all the files together to pack it, it doesn't seem to have file 00000004.app. Why's that?

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sonknuck23 said:
Lazycus said:
sonknuck23 said:

..Thanks, but I sort of figured it out, Lol. : ) ; I got Pokemon Puzzle League, but I'm having an issue with Lostwinds. When I gather all the files together to pack it, it doesn't seem to have file 00000004.app. Why's that?

if you use the blaze packer and have the shared1 folder in the right place, it shouldn't miss any files.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's weird, 'Cause that's what I'm using... It worked fine with Pokemon Puzzle League, but I Can't get it to work with the WiiWare title Lostwinds. :::: Now I can't get it to find 00000007.app. This is weird, Lol.

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a great thread. It went from an "oh shit I'm fucked" despair, and then to "wait maybe I'm not fucked", and finally to "sweet I got this figured out and I'm no longer fucked".

But seriously, congrats sonknuck - hopefully we'll all be playing these games soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, the price she will give them will be over infinite