ROM Hack Installing update? (for a .cia)

manpaint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so i got the youtube app on my hacked 3ds but i need to update to use it here a few questions:

1. Can you install update with title manager?
2. Do it is possible to have a cia that come with an update?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest way to update... (this only works if the app is the same region as your 3ds. Out of region games and some eShop games need an update in CIA form)
- turn on your wifi
- highlight the game / app on your home menu
- it will say "an update is available for this title bla bla bla"
- launch the game / app and a menu will pop up saying press Y to update and A to launch the software.
- press Y
- wait

As Posghetti said you can update form the eShop, but I wouldn't suggest it. There's no need to use it and in specific cases the eShop can actually delete some of your installs. This way updates from the exact same servers, but doesn't require you to launch the eShop. You can also find most game updates in CIA form on "that ISO site" if you want to update manually or if you need to update an out of region game.

manpaint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you press start on the HBL and choose exit? Or did you restart your system to get back to the home menu?
I saw in another thread that for quit hb menu you need press l + r dpad down and b and i do that and go back to homemenu and tried to do the update.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw in another thread that for quit hb menu you need press l + r dpad down and b and i do that and go back to homemenu and tried to do the update.
Try doing it with start and exit. That's what it says to do on the github. Let me know what happens. If you don't have the exit option, you need to update your HBL.

manpaint

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try doing it with start and exit. That's what it says to do on the github. Let me know what happens. If you don't have the exit option, you need to update your HBL.
I updated and exited hbl after using the app but still the same error : /

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, it works with games.... I'm guessing it doesn't work with youtube due to changes they made to stop tubehax? Not sure though. If you don't want to update your system you will need to find the youtube update in .cia form on "that iso site". I checked earlier and it DOES exist, so start searching ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYoQPhGaW8 +2