Hacking Installing Netflix to the NAND or SD?

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>new version that is .04GB. It's v1.0.1.

so did you ordera new netflix disc...how do oyu know its v1.0.1, whats changed?
PLEASE answer. thank you.

going nutz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
has anyone gotten a working netflix channel yet i dont want a forwarder. i found a forwarder but it had the same path as usbloader gx forwarder so i coldnt use it. is there a channel like a vc channel completely self contained so it dosent run off sd or hdd just install and watch?

grati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did order a new disc and it says v1.0.1 on the disc and the sleeve. Netflix now shows recently viewed movies at the bottom, the covers are larger. It looks a lot better. I guess there are some more things but I can't remember off the top of my head.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
going nutz said:
has anyone gotten a working netflix channel yet i dont want a forwarder. i found a forwarder but it had the same path as usbloader gx forwarder so i coldnt use it. is there a channel like a vc channel completely self contained so it dosent run off sd or hdd just install and watch?
Why would you want to flash your nand with that big of a file, especially since newer versions *should* follow. This will just put more write-miles on your nand than is needed. In addition, if you use the forwarder and a new netflix file is found (there will be soon if there is such a thing) all you would need to do is replace the wbfs file and you are then running the new version; otherwise you will have to hope the person that created your new wad took the same compatibility precautions as the previous one. (Remember not every one is running the same software combinations)

QUOTE(grati @ Aug 26 2010, 04:57 PM) I did order a new disc and it says v1.0.1 on the disc and the sleeve. Netflix now shows recently viewed movies at the bottom, the covers are larger. It looks a lot better. I guess there are some more things but I can't remember off the top of my head.

So if you have it then why not up it some where? by the way if you have not been able to get the other packages working, try the one i put together. All the items are the same except the forwarder wad as it had issues with my default config file.

http://db.tt/FS8KOhH

UPDATE: Just got a disc in the mail today and it is only 1.0.0, either they are only sending it out to select groups or it doesn't exist. Hopefully someone that has it can rip and up it.
UPDATE: I just tried to update to conf usb loader 59a and it will cause this channel to just black screen. Download to a previous version to fix it

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
grati said:
I did order a new disc and it says v1.0.1 on the disc and the sleeve. Netflix now shows recently viewed movies at the bottom, the covers are larger. It looks a lot better. I guess there are some more things but I can't remember off the top of my head.

QUOTE(boondoklife @ Aug 27 2010, 08:13 PM) ............

UPDATE: Just got a disc in the mail today and it is only 1.0.0, either they are only sending it out to select groups or it doesn't exist. Hopefully someone that has it can rip and up it.
UPDATE: I just tried to update to conf usb loader 59a and it will cause this channel to just black screen. Download to a previous version to fix it

Same here, when I read the other post ( netflix 1.0.1 ) I jumped straight away to the netflix website and checked for news of an updated player for the Wii, but I didn't find any.
Then there was an option to order a new disc, so I thought what the hell, why not ? If I get a new disc I'll get the new one for sure but...not.
I got the exact same disc, 1.0.0.

So who has a link to this new player ( if it even exists ) or does anybody have a release name that I should be looking for ?

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
grati said:
There is a new version that is .04GB. It's v1.0.1. I replaced the old WBFS file with the new one and it works fine.
+1 works great, I really like the new interface and the search option just OMG that should have been there to begin with!

Added an updated copy of the disc to the existing package and hosted on my blog. Check my signature if you need it.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
going nutz said:
how do i use this where do i put the wbfs folder and what boots it because i can only get usb loader to boot from hdd
All you should have to do is merge all the files onto the sd card. There should be 3 directories (wad, wbfs, apps)

If you already have configurable usbloader on your sd card then you do not need to copy the apps folder to the sdcard.

Use wadmanager to install the wad and the channel should just work. Note there is a couple seconds delay while it is being loaded.

going nutz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boondoklife said:
going nutz said:
how do i use this where do i put the wbfs folder and what boots it because i can only get usb loader to boot from hdd
All you should have to do is merge all the files onto the sd card. There should be 3 directories (wad, wbfs, apps)

If you already have configurable usbloader on your sd card then you do not need to copy the apps folder to the sdcard.

Use wadmanager to install the wad and the channel should just work. Note there is a couple seconds delay while it is being loaded.

no luck says it cand find fat 1 i dont get it i have my sd card formatted fat and i have a folder named wbfs what am i doing wrong

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
going nutz said:
no luck says it cand find fat 1 i dont get it i have my sd card formatted fat and i have a folder named wbfs what am i doing wrong

Here is what I would try:[*]Install the channel from my archive[*]Backup your data on the card[*]Format the SD card to Fat32[*]Copy the entire contents of zip file to the empty card.[*]Try againThis should work. Let me know.

vexing said:
QUOTE(DougClayton4231 @ Aug 29 2010, 03:54 PM) Boondok, your upload is still the old version. Would you mind updating it to the new one?
+1

It is uploading atm, should be done in like 10 min

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
grati said:

I wonder why netflix still ships the older version out.
I got mines in the mail just yesterday, and it's still the old version.
I'm about to try the new one now, thanks.

going nutz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boondoklife said:
going nutz said:

Here is what I would try:[*]Install the channel from my archive[*]Backup your data on the card[*]Format the SD card to Fat32[*]Copy the entire contents of zip file to the empty card.[*]Try againThis should work. Let me know.

vexing said:
QUOTE(DougClayton4231 @ Aug 29 2010, 03:54 PM) Boondok, your upload is still the old version. Would you mind updating it to the new one?
+1

It is uploading atm, should be done in like 10 min

still no luck partition: fat not found! what the hell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1