Installing .jars

TheGoldenKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm brand new to installing games and apps on my phone and I recently downloaded some games in .jar format for my phone, but I couldn't get them to work. I tried putting them on my phone, but it doesn't let me open them. I also tried opening them on my computer while my phone was plugged in, but I got a mainframe error message. I have an Lg Sentio is there anyway I can install these games or is there a better way to get free games on the phone? Thanks in advance.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most phones don't let you directly install Java apps due to the potentially malicious nature; if you could go online and download them through your phone they might install that way, but that'd incur data charges and might not even work.

I'd recommend asking someone at a forum that's good with phones; back in the day I asked around at HowardForums but as I haven't been there in years I don't know if the place is even still running.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well you're on an LG, which is on a firmware that blocks all .jar installations. SE's and nokias do allow you to install .jars you've downloaded. The only phones that don't are samsungs and LG's, along with some others. I might be wrong though, but it's my experience and I download a lot of .jars.

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a samung, but i can install .jar just fine. You need to open up de .jad file, usually included with the .jar.

If not, try to google for it and edit it with the corresponding .jar

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My LG phone lets me install .JAR files just fine.

I would advise getting a .JAD file to go with your .JAR files, some phones require those. Google for a JAD Maker.

Also, on one LG phone, I read that you need to make a folder called "apps" on the root of the micro SD card, and put the .JAR files in it, then you can install them, you may want to try that.

Failing this, I would advise asking at HowardForums as was suggested above: I visit these forums reasonably regularly, and can confirm they're still fairly active.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheGoldenKing said:
Hi I'm brand new to installing games and apps on my phone and I recently downloaded some games in .jar format for my phone, but I couldn't get them to work. I tried putting them on my phone, but it doesn't let me open them. I also tried opening them on my computer while my phone was plugged in, but I got a mainframe error message. I have an Lg Sentio is there anyway I can install these games or is there a better way to get free games on the phone? Thanks in advance.
try 'pushing' the file by Bluetooth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...