OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I messed up my Wii via soft-mods, but fixed it with Bootmii, and installed system menu 4.3 to make sure it was working. That's not the important thing.
The important thing is that I have the wad for USB Loader GX installed, and the update didn't remove it. Is there a way to utilize that to run a dol or elf (in other words, installing HBC again)? I don't have the games required for the other 2 exploits, and it isn't worth it renting or buying them ony to reinstall the HBC, and the problem with just running it is not the hard drive, it is that all the preperation it needs was undone by the update.

I have a bootmii backup, so if I can't use the wad I have installed (USB Loader r881), can I encrypt HBC with keys from it and install it like any other channel?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Put the hackmii installer on your HDD FAT32 partition under \apps\hackmii\boot.elf and try to load it from USB Loader GX homebrew launcher. It might work.

If it doesn't then you can use the cBoot2 method if your Bootmii installation survived the SM 4.3 update.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it a channel or a forwarder? if it is a forwarder, just rename the hackmii installer to boot.dol and put it in the folder where the forwarder expects USB Loader GX to be.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
hackmii installer will not be loaded from a forwarder...
1. because most of the forwarders load dol files not elfs
2. entry point of hackmii installer will possibly be a problem even if forwarder supported elfs... (same with loadmii)

your best bet is, use either Indiana Pwns or SmashStack through that very usb loader you already got installed...

ps: or... assuming you got a forwarder installed, try replacing boot.dol of gx on your sd card with a decent homebrew loader app like homebrew launcher... that may work... or may not then try another app that have homebrew launching capabilities..

evandixon

PMD Researcher
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii survived (I'm really supprised at that).
Anyone know where I can get a DOL version of the hbc installer?
If not, I'll back up all my saves, do a nand backup, then restore my original with 4.2 on it, then go from there.
@bwillb: the channel, not the forwarder.
[Edit]It seems there is confision: the usb loader is un-bootable as far as I can tell

evandixon

PMD Researcher
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
So if you got bootmii then bootmini.elf is the installer to use I guess... I'm not sure... Try it with the SD option in bootmii
I'll try it (after my NAND backup finishes), but it doesn't seem to want to display elf files, and it can't boot any dol files I've tried (including a conveted version of boot.elf).

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Smashstack and my ripped Disc of brawl on Wiiflow Following the instructions I managed to update HBC to 1.08 through that also Updating to 1.08 through HBC itself it gave me the error download failed I'm on 4.3 SM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER