Hacking Installing games directly from cart?

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I'm currently toying with installing CFW on my launch switch, and plan on using Kosmos. The sole purpose would be dumping my library of official carts to the Sd card, however I can't seem to find if this is possible.

The closest answer I can find is GCDumptool, which seems to dump files to an NSP or XCI. So I'm guessing the process is dump to NSP, then install it? Isn't there a way to literally just install the game card directly to the Sd?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Actually it is possible to install game directly from game cart in CFW. If your original fw and your Switch’s fuse count is for fw<4.0.0 then the game cart is by default disabled (nogc auto). Otherwise the fw in game cart slot would be updated and wouldn’t work with the original (old, <4.0.0) fw. You can either use the GC for dumping and installing or for none of that. You could have an old CFW, preferably in emunand, for dumping, and new CFW, preferably another emunand without gc access, to install and play the games.

Reactions: paulttt

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually it is possible to install game directly from game cart in CFW. If your original fw and your Switch’s fuse count is for fw<4.0.0 then the game cart is by default disabled (nogc auto). Otherwise the fw in game cart slot would be updated and wouldn’t work with the original (old, <4.0.0) fw. You can either use the GC for dumping and installing or for none of that. You could have an old CFW, preferably in emunand, for dumping, and new CFW, preferably another emunand without gc access, to install and play the games.

Hmmm, interesting, thanks for that.

Unfortunately my switch is on the latest firmware, and it seems a little overkill for what could be just a few extra click.

D

Deleted User

If you use sxos you can dump your cart to a file. You can then use nsc builder to pack any updates or dlc and convert it to xci which you can then load via usb and install as nsp.

That is how you do it...

paulttt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, thanks for the replies.

I was looking really for a solution where I could put my cart in, and just "install" straight to the Sd card. Much like the original Xbox scene. But I guess I'm just getting old and out of touch :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@