Hacking Installing a wiikey on a D2B/Drive pins cut board

windwake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the wiitracker, I have a D2B chip, with cut drive pins. Evidently this means that the Wiikey installation process will be different or significantly harder?

Are there any instructions anywhere on installing the Wiikey in this scenario, or am I better just waiting for another solution to Wii modding?

windwake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been soldering for years but I've never used a dremel. However, I don't know what the process is like and if it is at my skill level or not. So I just wanted to know how it was different (or if anyone has done it before on this board and has pics).

PaulieD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a D2B chip and I wasn't 100% on doing it so I payed someone. Honestly if your not sure pay someone else
smile.gif

If you have money to buy another try it yourself but make sure you can get your hands on another D2B not D2C...

windwake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone told me that they read somewhere that some groups were working on a D2B and D2C solution. Has anyone else read this?

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah everyone on these boards tried to convince me it was impossible too, that I should pay some person to do it. Have you met people? They're awful. Look at the people you meet, I'm going to pay some random one...from the internet...to mess with my console? Hell no man. Modded a slimline PS2 for practice. If you can mod that bitch the Wii will be easy. You can scrape to those traces with some razor blades, be persistant. No problems, just like soldering to legs.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive modded 20+ Wiis. However I attempted a cut legs and gave up. I managed to shave the chip down enough to reveal the tracks. But they are TINY compared with the points on the wii. I gave up after 5 hours, i didnt want to mess the wii up.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gave up? That's the talk of a man who already had 20 modded Wiis and thus no motivation. The points are no smaller than IC legs.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Just practise on something first.. a 'mock' install on a similar chip will let you know if you can do it,.. just break 3 legs off. I'm sure your work out a method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...