Hacking cut legs on chip!!!!!

aardvarks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
collected four wii's on sat for modding. the first two worked fine. opened the third box and i knew something was wrong before i opened the wii. nintendo do not put wii sports in a dvd case as before they use a cardboard holder for the game.so i knew is was in for trouble!! opened up the wii to find what they have changed and found the 3 legs on the chip have been cut off!!!! having seen this posted usa web sites i had to grind away the chip to solder the wires. wasnt easy, but it does works.
has any body else found this yet? or am i just unlucky to have found two wii's in the uk with this?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just going to look m8

thanks i appreciate it
bow.gif
my serial number is LEH-12228xxxx did you get any round about that range which was fine?

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you saying it is still possible to fit a wiikey to the latest wii's, even with the cut legs? Did you basically re-enable the 3 cut legs? My friend wants to install a wiikey in his, but he is convinced that it is a wii with cut legs.

Mine was a launch machine, so posed no problems and been running fine for months!

aardvarks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
an easy way to tell for me was wii sport not in a dvd case. so if you get a wii and the game is in a card board sleeve then you will have fun!!!!

aardvarks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
like i said. i collect 4 wii's. 2 ok 2 had the legs cut off at the chip. what you have to do is scrape away at the chip to expose the 3 pins and solder to them.

aardvarks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes m8. brought in the uk. two from game an two from woolies. you cant tell til you open the box an see how they packaged wii sport. hope your good with the old iron!!

cartman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ordered 5 from GAME online, is there any tutorial on installing a modchip into a Wii with the 3 missing legs?

help appreciated, knowing my luck all 5 will have them missing :'(

aardvarks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you have to grind the chip down to expose the traces in the chip an solder to them. if you thought it was hard when a pad was liftted. thats now heven to fix compared with these new wii's!

cartman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ah plop. lucky GAME have a 28 day returns policy , i'll just see which Wii Sports i get , so you reckon in a dvd case they should be ok, in a sleeve = F**k dammit tw*ts
smile.gif

aardvarks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the normal wii's had got wii sport in a dvd case. the clipped wii's sport was in a sleeve. when i saw the sleeve i thought this giong to be fun till i saw the 3 clipped legs.
so if you have a new wii and your wii sport is in a sleeve and not in advd case. the legs are goin to be clipped!!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the normal wii's had got wii sport in a dvd case. the clipped wii's sport was in a sleeve. when i saw the sleeve i thought this giong to be fun till i saw the 3 clipped legs.
so if you have a new wii and your wii sport is in a sleeve and not in advd case. the legs are goin to be clipped!!

ah so im ok
grog.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ah so im ok
grog.gif
not to be racist or anything but i still like mexican food

anyway with that out of the way, my g/f bought a wii with the sports title in the cardboard sleeve. I assume this one doesn't have the legs removed because she got it maybe 2+ months ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.