Hacking Installed wrong cIOS please help

WJballer84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following (Abz) wiiflow master mod pack and installed some wii ios and need help fixing it please. I did the orginal mod from here and had everything working fine until the guide I was following told me to install the wads in the download which I now know were we cIos wads they include:
BC-NUS-v6.wad
cIOS202 [60] - hermesrodies-v6.wad
cIOS222[38]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS223[57]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS224[37]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS245[37]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS246[38]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS247[53]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS248[55]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS251[58]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS252[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad
DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.wad
DMLr59mod[MIOS-v10].wad
IOS58-64-v6176.wad
Quadforce_v4.0.wad
Quadforce_v4.1.wad
RVL-mios-v10.wad

Any help would be greatly appreciated

So far I can get into MMM and WiiMod lite through Homebrew Launcher 1.0 but they won't let me just delete those wads above. Also, I did make a copy of my nand but I don't know how to pull my original IOS from it.

Last edited by WJballer84,
D

Deleted User

I take it HBC won't boot.

Best luck is to boot using a disc based exploit and swap the loader for a wad manager. Try 249-251 and see if any luck, then just uninstall all those wads except 249-251 and 58. You'll have to replace 58 with an actual vWii 58 you made from following the original mod.

Edit: Actually just noticed even the CIOS are Wii versions. Did you ever install IO236? Maybe try that, but you might have hosed yourself pretty good.

Last edited by ,

WJballer84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not get to cIOS 236 yet but I was able to still install wads and I installed the vwii IOS 58 channel I just need the IOS 58 file

Last edited by WJballer84,

WJballer84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get ios 58 thank you very much and everything is up and running
I had to use Homebrew Launcher 1.0 as posted on other threads through the exploit
Then I used multi-mod manager to install the IOS 58 wad installer
Had to get original IOS 58
That allowed me to get into homebrew normally
Installed dx2 the correct way
opened multi mod manager changed to cIOS 249 and removed all wii cIOS
big thanks to gunner007 for the help

Size9ed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I did the exact same thing... almost. I have got to be candid here and admit I went into this knowing very little and now realise that was a very big mistake.

I had softmodded my Wii U using this youtube tutorial:

All was working well, except I could not get emulators to detect my USB hard drive. I attempted to follow the WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece pack as the OP did at this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/MasterPiece/Wiiflow_Pack.html

Stupidly, I read it a few times and then followed the guide as it said.... installing all of the above IOS/cIOS things, then... saw at the bottom in text that did not stand out the part about the WiiU/vWii. Arg.

So, I was then unable to open the HBC, I attempted to run the Smash Stack exploit again but it was freezing at the scam warning (press 1 to continue would come up, but my wiimote would disconnect and the console would hang).

I then loaded my SD card with Homebrew Launcher and was able to get in. I had no luck in installing the correct (cIOS Installer Mod v2.2 by Fix94) as I had previously, (it was only showing v6 instead of v10, I could not get this to work at all).

Then, stupidly... I for some reason tried to reinstall IOS36... bye bye ability to launch super smash bros and use the exploit to load anything...

So - that is where I am at the moment, I have ordered a copy of Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones so I can use those exploits to load Homebrew Launcher as they do not use IOS36 to run, but I really am not sure what I need to do after that. I did take a back up of my nand.bin file (as per the original youtube video) and have opened it in ShowMiiWads.

My Wii U will not update and I'm not sure if it has any impact on trying to play Wii U games (I only bought it a week ago, my wife will kill me if I can't fix it).

Please help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've managed to extract all of my WAD files from the nand.bin, which was taken before I ****ed everything up.... hoping this is going to be something of use.
wads.png

Last edited by Size9ed,
D

Deleted User

Sadly, your IOS are useless on that end from ShowMiiWads as they won't be accepted since they're fakesigned. You would of had to use BlueDumpMod when you had the system working. So they won't be of any use at this point.

The bigger issues is did you ever install any CIOS (236,249,250,251)?

If so, you can use another game to launch YAWMM, load on 236 (or any other CIOS), and then reinstall the correct IOS in their slots.

Size9ed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gunner, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did load all of those cIOS as per the youtube tutorial (which is the same as the steps on here https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/, and I also installed 'IOS236 Installer MOD v7 Special vWii Edition' which is not on that tutorial).

I now have a copy of Lego Indiana Jones, so I should be able to launch YAWMM using the exploit, then reinstall the IOS's with the d2x-cios-installer mod v2.2 and IOS236 Installer MOD v7 Special vWii Edition?

Last edited by Size9ed,

Size9ed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not having much luck, I think perhaps I am stuffed because I installed over 249, 250, 251 and then accidently installed an old ISO36 (236?)

Whenever I select an IOS to load on in YAWMM, it freezes.

Size9ed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Completely clueless as to any way to proceed, I attempted using a boot.elf file I found for 'IOS236 Installer MOD v8 Special vWii Edition' so I could run it directly from the exploit (homebrew launcher will not work anymore) but it would not install it.

Oh boy :(

PS. I've also tried running syscheck, but it just crashes and creates no output file.

Last edited by Size9ed,
D

Deleted User

Unfortunately, if you installed what was in that pack, it already overwrote 249, 250, 251. I'd keep trying anything over 200.

There isn't much you can do at this point without a working CIOS as your 58 is incorrect. HBL won't work since 36 is gone.

IF you installed 236 prior to overwriting 36, it should work. But if you installed an incorrect 236, you may be locked out if none of the 200+ works. If that's the case, you have yourself a brick.

Size9ed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, looks like I am stuffed then. Can't get any of the 200+ to work, closest I get to any progress is a DSI exception error on 222.

:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill