Hacking Installed safe updater 4.2 before cIOS249----> Help

borelg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys I'm new here I need strongly your help!! On my Wii console there was 3.3E firmware and I installed 4.2E using v4.2 safe updater. The problem is that I had not installed cIOS249 before running safe updater. And now doesn't work BootMii (installed as an IOS). But now I explain to you what I have do:
-Installed HackMii (BootMii + Homebrew channel + DVDx). I installed BootMii ad an IOS because this is the only way to install it (my console is the newer one that denied the BootMii installation on boot2)
-Did NAND backup (using BootMii)
-Update the firmware from 3.3E to 4.2E using v4.2 safe updater. Release note:

QUOTE said:
This is based off of my offline guide to upgrade any console (that has NOT been region hacked) to v4.2 safely. This is a modification of the Shop Channel and IOS61 Installer by tona. It has been rigorously tested and should not brick anyone, but as usual, use it at your own risk. Source included of course.

It will detect your region, download and install all of the NECESSARY IOSes, your specific system menu, and the shopping channel update from v4.2 It will NOT touch your cIOSes, stub anything, or touch your boot2. It also will NOT trucha sign any of the IOSes it downloads and installs. If you want to pirate, you'll have to go ahead and use DOP-IOS or similar to trucha patch your IOS70 after the upgrade is complete smile.gif

It is almost completely automated. Answer a question in the beginning, sit back and relax, and wait for the update to be completed. When finished, you'll be on v4.2 with everything functional (no upside down HBC, no "vulnerable IOS not found" errors). This should hopefully eliminate all of the goofy issues people have been having with the upgrade.

After the update I wanted to install cIOS249 by wanikoko but after running the installer at the point "Installing custom IOS" it said: "ERROR ret = -2011" (I ran the network installation). I also tried to install trucha bug on IOS36 and IOS70 but dop-ios give errors. And also now I can't run BootMii (installed as an IOS). When I go to hbc --> click home --> launch BootMii the screen remain black and the leds around of the disk hole in the console flashed...
And I havn't yet installed cIOS249 by wanikoko! How can I solve my problem?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

ps. Sorry for my english but I'm not from USA...

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
borelg said:
ps. Sorry for my english but I'm not from USA...

Haha, or the UK or Autralia (just to name a few).

Anyway, you'll need to follow the 4.2 guide in the sticky:

First downgrade ios15.
Patch ios36.
Restore ios15.

Then you should be able to install cIOS249 with the installer. Your HBC might go upside down, but at least it will work. Unpatch ios36 to get HBC normal again. (or try reinstalling hbc so it installs somewhere else than ios36).

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, but it has some things that are not required. Basically, you only need to do the things I said in last post
smile.gif

borelg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
are you sure?? is there any risk to brick?
but I want also to install cIOS249 by wanikoko... Have I to continue with other points to do that?

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Step 3 is the cios249 bij waninkoko

There is always risk of bricking, but based on what you tell me and what I know, this is the right way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o