Installed safe updater 4.2 before cIOS249----> Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by borelg, Oct 10, 2009.

Oct 10, 2009
  1. borelg
    OP

Newcomer borelg Newbie

Italy
    Hi guys I'm new here I need strongly your help!! On my Wii console there was 3.3E firmware and I installed 4.2E using v4.2 safe updater. The problem is that I had not installed cIOS249 before running safe updater. And now doesn't work BootMii (installed as an IOS). But now I explain to you what I have do:
    -Installed HackMii (BootMii + Homebrew channel + DVDx). I installed BootMii ad an IOS because this is the only way to install it (my console is the newer one that denied the BootMii installation on boot2)
    -Did NAND backup (using BootMii)
    -Update the firmware from 3.3E to 4.2E using v4.2 safe updater. Release note:

After the update I wanted to install cIOS249 by wanikoko but after running the installer at the point "Installing custom IOS" it said: "ERROR ret = -2011" (I ran the network installation). I also tried to install trucha bug on IOS36 and IOS70 but dop-ios give errors. And also now I can't run BootMii (installed as an IOS). When I go to hbc --> click home --> launch BootMii the screen remain black and the leds around of the disk hole in the console flashed...
    And I havn't yet installed cIOS249 by wanikoko! How can I solve my problem?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

ps. Sorry for my english but I'm not from USA...

2. erikk1

Member erikk1 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Haha, or the UK or Autralia (just to name a few).

Anyway, you'll need to follow the 4.2 guide in the sticky:

First downgrade ios15.
    Patch ios36.
    Restore ios15.

Then you should be able to install cIOS249 with the installer. Your HBC might go upside down, but at least it will work. Unpatch ios36 to get HBC normal again. (or try reinstalling hbc so it installs somewhere else than ios36).

3. borelg
    OP

Newcomer borelg Newbie

Italy
  4. erikk1

Netherlands
    Yes, but it has some things that are not required. Basically, you only need to do the things I said in last post [​IMG]

5. borelg
    OP

Newcomer borelg Newbie

Italy
    so I have to follow the guide to point 1c ... The point 2 does not have to do

6. erikk1

Netherlands
    1a 1b 1c and 3 I think.

7. borelg
    OP

Newcomer borelg Newbie

Italy
    are you sure?? is there any risk to brick?
    but I want also to install cIOS249 by wanikoko... Have I to continue with other points to do that?

8. erikk1

Netherlands
    Step 3 is the cios249 bij waninkoko

There is always risk of bricking, but based on what you tell me and what I know, this is the right way to go.