Hacking Installed HBC 1.0.3 and now it doens't start

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the a message in the homebrew channel to upgrade to 1.0.3 from 1.0.1, and I downloaded it and installed 1.0.3 successfully but now when I try to start the homebrew channel it just shows a black screen and doesn't start.

Does anyone know what the problem is or has anyone had this problem? I searched the forums but didn't find anything

My Wii:
3.2U
Cios Rev 12 installed at IOS249
Preloader 0.29

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a disc in your drive? Take out, start HBC, exit HBC to system menu, turn off Wii, and put disc back in, activating the Wii. That worked for me.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried reinstalling 1.0.1 and now that goes to a black screen as well. I found that some people had this problem with 1.0.2 and they deleted the hbc using anytitledeleter and then reintalled it, i'm gonna try that.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got a code dumb when trying to use anytitledeleter from preloader, so I just deleted the channel, and installed hbc 1.0.1 and it worked. But I tried updating again to 1.0.3 and it still doesn't work and goes to black screen, so I had to revert back to 1.0.1. Why can't I use 1.0.3, is it because installed cios rev 12 to ios 249? Is there any way I can get it to work?

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried that, but I don't have an extra sd card for bootmii, and the hackmii installer installed hbc 1.0.3 successfully but then it would load to a black screen.

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
I tried that, but I don't have an extra sd card for bootmii, and the hackmii installer installed hbc 1.0.3 successfully but then it would load to a black screen.
wow, i have completly no idea,..
hbc 1.0.3 is IOS 61 (blah blah) for me

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i never tried upgrading to 4.0, i'm not planning on trying it for this problem unless someone for sure knows that it will fix it. I guess noone has any idea what's wrong here... i've never really had a problem with anything in the past so this is weird, i got my wii on launch so everything is compatible with it. If any of the 'bigs' of this forum know anything that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used bootmii to uninstall it..then used bannerbomb/bootmii to reinstall it..and that fixed when i had that problem

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'll try using bannerbomb, because right now i'm just upgrading from the pop-up in hbc 1.0.1 that asks me to update when i connect to the internet. So to be clear, you used bannerbomb with the hackmii installer beta 2? i don't see how bannerbomb would fix this problems but i might as well give it a shot.

edit: i'm not too familiar with bootmii because i havent installed it yet but i have a feeling it was the bootmii uninstall that made it work for u not the bannerbomb install, because I couldn't get anytitledeleter to uninstall hbc completely before because I got a code dumb, i'm gonna play around with it and try to get anytitledeleter to work.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBC went to a black screen for me after installing 1.0.3 on my friend's Wii as well. I just used bannerbomb to load the HackMii Installer and reinstalled HBC. It worked fine after that.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope didn't work

i used anytitledeleter to delete the hbc title haxx and then installed with bannerbomb and I still get the black screen. I'm really stumped here.

When using the hackmii installer though it showed something about bootmii being on ios36, and hbc on ios51 or something like that. I'm pretty sure I have ios51 though because I checked in preloader the available ios in the list of ios you can chose to boot with and 51 was here.

I feel like it has to do with ios, but I don't know what the problem is

CLK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey micric100 ... I feel your pain!

Same thing this weekend. Log into HBC and get update to 1.0.3 message. Upgraded through HBC and then black screen. Rebooted Wii multiples times and tried to go back into HBC but I get the black screen right after clicking start on the HBC channel screen.

So leveraged Bannerbomb to run HackMii B2 and tried various things. Uninstall HBC, install HBC, etc ... no luck just a black screen with HBC 1.0.3. Found the dol for HBC 1.0.1 and went back and all works as before. Stumped as well.

I guess I will stay on HBC 1.0.1 for the moment! Any additional suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

3.4U
cIOS Rev10

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CLK said:
Hey micric100 ... I feel your pain!

Same thing this weekend. Log into HBC and get update to 1.0.3 message. Upgraded through HBC and then black screen. Rebooted Wii multiples times and tried to go back into HBC but I get the black screen right after clicking start on the HBC channel screen.

So leveraged Bannerbomb to run HackMii B2 and tried various things. Uninstall HBC, install HBC, etc ... no luck just a black screen with HBC 1.0.3. Found the dol for HBC 1.0.1 and went back and all works as before. Stumped as well.

I guess I will stay on HBC 1.0.1 for the moment! Any additional suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

3.4U
cIOS Rev10
I have the identical setup and identical experience, posted Q/A in the noob thread yesterday.

Now I am back to HBC 1.0.1. I also installed a USB loader forwarder channel therefore people won't accidentally upgrade the HBC when I am not around.

ginkster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem is hbc 1.0.3 to IOS 51 if your system is below 4.0 instead of IOS61 then as soon as you update to 4.0 via nintendo IOS51 must get wiped out or summat. Now i gotta try and reinstall hbc with bannerbomb.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
HBC 1.0.3 uses IOS61. Use one of the many installers to install it first if you can. Otherwise you could probably use something like bannerbomb or Twilight Hack to install the old versioan.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
same problem here

got hbc 1.0.1
installed cios rev 10
cios usb2
backup launcher gamma
upgrade to hbc 1.0.3
bootmii
dvdx
update through nintendo

cant patch ios 60 for sd menu
(reason... cant access homebrew channel or twilight hack)

bootmii is now useless
(reason... if i brick i cant save myself in homebrew channel as it wont load)

did nand dump with bootmii before updating.
(guess i could restore nand dump? but thats scary)

i am fooked?

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents: I upgraded to HBC 103 and installed BootMii yesterday. All of the sudden, my Wii wouldn't boot. Just black screen. No sync. Then I realized, it wouldn't boot with my SD card in. The same SD card I've been using for 6 months for HBC is now apparently incompatible with BootMii, and possibly HBC. I swapped it with an 8gig SDHC and all is good again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-