Hacking Installed HBC 1.0.3 and now it doens't start

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe in the efforts to make HBC work with SDHC, it lost the compatibility with old SD card. HBC1.0.3 hang on the blacksreen before loading SD.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
so you think its an sd card problem?
mine is 2gig.will that not work now?

just borrowed my friends 8 gig sdhc card going to test it now and will report straight back

Nope that doesn't work either.
Anywhere i can get the homebrew channel 1.0.1.wad? it cant be illegal to ask for a link to that can it?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
is there an in staller just for hbc 1.03?

I ask as i tried to install through bootmii and i think becasue i am on hbc 1.02 it won't let me update?

anyone?

paul

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country

homebrew channel 1.0.3 will not start just black - tried loading from channel and bootmii - fail both ways

backup launcher works still and more games work (obviously i was missing some newer ios' before the update)

midnight pool wad channel works

but i liked the homebrew channel

Starforce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OO that problem happened to me
I was stressd out for a while
But i managed to fix it
My problem was that i didn't have wii 4.0
So i had to delete the HBC completely and reinstall it using the original installer i used in the beginning(1.0 beta 2)
THen i got it back
Hope this helps

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
anyone have a link for the homebrewchannel1.0.1.wad
I used the boot.dol in my original twilight hack zip. Did you check wiibrew or hackmii sites for earlier versions?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i'm on 4.0
backup loader works
banner bomb works

cant get homebrew channel to work at all its dead and i can not install 1.0.1 it says failed error blah blah (i can get that if it helps)

going to re-try the hackmii installer 2 now.

dammit its sunny and i'm doing this!

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't saying they broke SD. Just that mine became incompatible. My SD card was an A-Data brand, which is listed as incompatible on some forums. I don't know why it worked up until now, but swapping to a different card (even another SD, off-brand) was what I had to do.

What does your HBC do if no card is in the card-slot? I think it should display the homebrew interface, but not have anything listed. If that comes up black, I think your HBC install is corrupt or something.

Did you have enough space to install the new HBC? I've run out of space installing WADs before. Just gotta free up some space, delete bad install, and re-install.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ginkster said:
The problem is hbc 1.0.3 to IOS 51 if your system is below 4.0 instead of IOS61 then as soon as you update to 4.0 via nintendo IOS51 must get wiped out or summat. Now i gotta try and reinstall hbc with bannerbomb.

I never tried updating to 4.0, i didn't have a need for the sd functionality. Should I do it now? that can't be the only way to get 1.0.3 working... do i need to change my ios of my menu to 51? or should i just try reinstalling ios 51?

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ClockWorK said:
Did you have enough space to install the new HBC? I've run out of space installing WADs before. Just gotta free up some space, delete bad install, and re-install.

it installs succesfully, and there's definitely enough space, i have over 200 blocks free. And no, it doesn't matter whether the sd is in or not, it just doens't load

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
ginkster said:
The problem is hbc 1.0.3 to IOS 51 if your system is below 4.0 instead of IOS61 then as soon as you update to 4.0 via nintendo IOS51 must get wiped out or summat. Now i gotta try and reinstall hbc with bannerbomb.

I never tried updating to 4.0, i didn't have a need for the sd functionality. Should I do it now? that can't be the only way to get 1.0.3 working... do i need to change my ios of my menu to 51? or should i just try reinstalling ios 51?

I don't know if that's the problem, but I'll be a little disappointed if the HBC installer doesn't let you know that you don't have the required IOS to run it...

4.0 has been fine for me. I'm not a pro though. Follow a guide if you update, just to be safe.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i can see that i do have ios 51, but maybe there's a problem with it and reinstalling it would make everything work? So, just to be clear, i should just find the newest version of ios51 wad and install it using wad manager, right?

edit: i remember there was a specific installer for this and the shop channel, should i use that instead of a wad?

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
just to make it clear i no longer can load the homebrew channel

not even using bootmii
Can you load hackmii 0.2 installer with bannerbomb? I did that, then uninstalled HBC. Next step is to replace the installer with the HBC 1.0.1 installer, and run bannerbomb again. At least I am back to where I was, and I am not messing with it anymore.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i did it!

ok hackmii installer 2 worked this time!

it said i could install homebrew channel but not uninstall like bootmii and dvdx did...

so i said yes to install homebrew channel and it works fine... just testing it from bootmii now...

Posts merged

works from bootmii aswell now. brilliant. hackmii installer works but the online installer must be dodgy, me and my friend both updated this way, his was fine mine was not.

HBC 1.0.3 working

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats great lostdwarf, but our problems are different and i havent played around with bootmii because i want to buy a new sd card first, so if anyone can help me out that'd be great, thanks to those who've already tried.

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here--tried uninstall (sucess) and install 1.0.3 with hackmii installer. Always get a black screen on HBC start page. Reinstalled HBC 1.0.1 everything works.

This is 3.2U firmware. Maybe people have better lucks with the 4.0 firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...