Hacking Installed HBC 1.0.3 and now it doens't start

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya, eventually. I just want to wait till i get my sd card to make a nand backup of everything first before i upgrade or change anything else. I guess i'll just stay on 1.0.1 for now and upgrade later on, thanks to everyone for the help

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBC 1.0.3 update did not work for me as well. My Wii is 3.2E, after updating to 1.0.3 the homebrew channel just dropped back to the system menu. Reinstalled HBC 1.0.1 with Twilight Hack. Now I'm back to normal, but I think I will try again this weekend, because bootmii looks very charming to me.

Ah, and I just added hackmii to my router's content filter temporarily, just in case the kids click the wrong button like I did yesterday evening ;-)

Is there a list of required IOSes and prerequisites for bootmii installation?

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the missing shop update (IOS61) did the trick for me as well.
Installing HBC 1.0.3 on my 3.2 system did not work berfore I upgraded the shop channel. Now the shop is working again (still with 3.2) and HBC 1.0.3 installation as well as bootmii installation worked like a charm!

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, sorry if this is redundant but I, too, am having the blank screen from 1.03 upgrade issue.
Help me through this really slow-like step-by-step (feeling like a dumbii right now)...

I looked on the SD card using PC, and the see that none of the files were modified. The upgrade must be on the Wii system itself.

How do I revert to HBC 1.01 if I can't use HBC to access the SD card on the Wii!?!

Arggghh! BIG TIA!

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am on 3.2U and my HBC 1.0.3 works fine but it references IOS55 in the top right hand corner of bubble screen - whys that? Also a black screen indicates a missing IOS so I guess 1.0.1 doesnt need IOS61 whereas 1.0.3 does (and possibly IOS 55 too?).
My wii is hard modded with orig wiikey and I have never run cioscorp and suchlike.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Anything in the gamecube memory slots?

My HBC was black screening today and I realised it was because i had an sdgecko in the memory card slot without a memory card in it. It worked if the SDgecko has a memory card in it, or if the sd gecko is completely removed.

There could be a similar problem with GC memory cards...?

I also found out that HBC can read apps from SDgecko now too (in addition to USB).
Something like this -

If SD present, load apps from SD
If SD not present, load apps from SDgecko
If SDGecko not present, load apps from USB

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!Solution to:
biggrin.gif

Homebrew (HBC) 1.03 update resulting in 'blank screen' in HBC - (for Softmod)

I'm running 3.2 so I preferred to reinstall HBC 1.01 - (make sure you use the approp. files for the system you're running)

1. using PC swap out Private folder and boot.dol file on SD card with backed-up or freshly d/l copies.
2. I duplicated boot.dol and renamed it boot.elf b/c the .dol is not recognized on its own by Wii.
3. put SD card in Wii go to Wii Options > then go to Data Management > Channels > SD Card
4. **Message saying "Load boot.dol/.elf?" will appear, select yes and follow directions to complete HBC installation.

(**NOTE: It required that I swap the files a couple of times to for it to work - the first few times it kept showing empty blocks in Channels > SD Card)

Big Thanks to DogEggs at WH for guidance on this!

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I returned to 1.01 the last working version.

I've gone through posts on many different sites and since the issue is recurrent enough and there's nothing new offered in 1.03 (you can install BootMii and DVX separately) the consensus is to return to the earlier version "if it aint broke, don't fix it".

Only thing is you have to click NO everytime the autoupdate prompts in HBC.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Micric100 Dude,

Breathe. Now go back 3 posts to where I posted step by step instructions to get your Homebrew Channel back. You have an SD card which you used for Twilight hack? If so, you're just going to replace some of those files.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wii knee said:
Micric100 Dude,

Breathe. Now go back 3 posts to where I posted step by step instructions to get your Homebrew Channel back. You have an SD card which you used for Twilight hack? If so, you're just going to replace some of those files.
lol, i'm not a noob, i know how to get it back to 1.0.1, you can look a couple posts back and see that. The issue is getting 1.0.3 working not 1.0.1, but i'm planning on updating to 4.0 soon so that will fix it. maybe you should read the thread

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
wii knee said:
Micric100 Dude,

lol, i'm not a noob, i know how to get it back to 1.0.1, you can look a couple posts back and see that. The issue is getting 1.0.3 working not 1.0.1, but i'm planning on updating to 4.0 soon so that will fix it. maybe you should read the thread
Unless HBC 1.0.3 relies upon IOS60 and/or IOS61, 4.0 likely won't solve anything.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
micric100 said:
wii knee said:
Micric100 Dude,

Have you checked via AnyTitleLister to see what IOS/cIOS you actually have - might help determine if updating to 4.0 would actually help?

technosexual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should grab wiiscu from wiibrew, use it to install ios38,60,61(+trucha if you want), then use the hackmii installer to remove then reinstall hbc

see if that works.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will definitely try anytitlelister to see what i have, i've been thinking of using wiiscu, i probably will, i just wanna use bootmii to backup my nand while everything is still working and then i'll start playing around with that. Thanks, i'll definitely check this out in the next day or so after getting a new sd card for bootmii

edit: i can't find anytitlelister anywhere? but doesn't anytitledeleter list everything too?

Pandemonium1x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii knee said:
!!Solution to:
biggrin.gif

Homebrew (HBC) 1.03 update resulting in 'blank screen' in HBC - (for Softmod)

I'm running 3.2 so I preferred to reinstall HBC 1.01 - (make sure you use the approp. files for the system you're running)

1. using PC swap out Private folder and boot.dol file on SD card with backed-up or freshly d/l copies.
2. I duplicated boot.dol and renamed it boot.elf b/c the .dol is not recognized on its own by Wii.
3. put SD card in Wii go to Wii Options > then go to Data Management > Channels > SD Card
4. **Message saying "Load boot.dol/.elf?" will appear, select yes and follow directions to complete HBC installation.

(**NOTE: It required that I swap the files a couple of times to for it to work - the first few times it kept showing empty blocks in Channels > SD Card)

Big Thanks to DogEggs at WH for guidance on this!

So does anybody have an actual answer as to how I can fix this without upgrading to 4.0? I like 3.2U and I want to keep it. All I see is swap that with this and use a dol.elf. whatever but it's generic at best. Where are these files? How can the HBC be installed to work again? Sorry to seem abrupt but after hours of searching the net my head is hurting trying to find a simple and straight forward answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr