Apple Install working Siri on any iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a little tutorial on how to get Siri working on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Obviously you need an internet connection and your device needs to be jailbroken.

1. Go into Cydia, click Manage, then Sources, Edit and then add

2. Type in "http://apt.tekwik.com" then click "Add Source" let the sources update them self

3. When done, in Cydia have a search for "PAT Port" if you have a iPhone or iPod Touch or "PAT Port for iPad" if you have an iPad. Let this install, its advised you use WiFi for this as its a 100mb download. Once done it'll reboot your device.

4.When rebooted go back into Cydia and search for "PAT Setup" this download is quite small should only take a few seconds, it will want to reboot again once installed, so do it.

5. With the programs all installed, just click on the new item "PAT Installer" on your homescreen, that'll install the necessary server for Siri.

6. It should all be done now, If you're holding the home button and its still taking you to voice search, no problem just go into Settings>General>Siri and make sure its turned on and you should be good to go.

Your now free to use Siri or download any Siri tweaks available from the Cydia store.

It is noted that the 3GS's voice recognition software isn't as advanced as the other devices so the results may be a little less accurate, just talk clearly and you shouldn't have an issue

I installed this last night and it works perfectly, sometimes (and rarely) though it'll keep thinking and thinking, i'm just putting this down to congestion on the server, I had a 4S and even the real Siri did this sometimes so it's not really an issue

This works on Android as well and the tutorial can be found HERE

Reactions: 1 person
P

pasc

It is noted that the 3GS's voice recognition software isn't as advanced

why is that ? I find it hard to comprehend that a iPod Touch 2G or 3G might pull this off better than an 3Gs...

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is noted that the 3GS's voice recognition software isn't as advanced

why is that ? I find it hard to comprehend that a iPod Touch 2G or 3G might pull this off better than an 3Gs...
Well yeah they might not work so great but there was no need to be pedantic about it I just moved over a tutorial I found and simplified it a little and it said about the 3GS there

P

pasc

well ok, no worries then. Thx for the tutorial.

It seems sometimes siri searches forever. it answered my standartical weather question without delay though.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking garbage. Tried it out on my iPad and it worked but I didn't care for it. Tried uninstalling and now it's in a neverending reboot cycle and I have to do a complete restore, losing all of my apps, games, game saves, notes, contacts, etc...

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fucking garbage. Tried it out on my iPad and it worked but I didn't care for it. Tried uninstalling and now it's in a neverending reboot cycle and I have to do a complete restore, losing all of my apps, games, game saves, notes, contacts, etc...
So basically your talking crap, I installed it on a friends iPad she didn't like it so got rid and voila it got rid of it like every other application, *snip

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically your talking crap, I installed it on a friends iPad she didn't like it so got rid and voila it got rid of it like every other application, *snip

And that's why there were so many reports of the same thing happeneing with s1ri? Tons of people got the reboot loop with that, so I'm pretty certain I'm not talking crap. Even the co-founder of TekWik is aware of the issue with uninstalling s1ri. Sure... this isn't s1ri but nothing makes me believe at this point the same exact uninstall problems don't occur - when it most certainly happened to me. I don't apprecaite your childish name calling either.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stay away from these ports. every one Ive seen online has a warning of if you uninstall it you might get stuck in a boot loop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro