Insider reports claim that New Super Mario Bros. U will be coming to the Switch

new-super-mario-bros-u-keyart-1.jpg

Though the Wii U wasn't the most successful console to exist, there were still some notable games that released on the platform, such as Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, all of which received Switch versions. And according to some insider sources, another port of a Wii U title might be headed to the Nintendo Switch once more. Publication Comic Book started the "leak", by claiming their sources, who had previously leaked the existence of Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, knew of the existence of a port of New Super Mario Bros. U. Supposedly, this hypothetical version of the game will come packed in with New Super Luigi U as well, and there would be new content included. Usually, when such claims are made, Eurogamer and Kotaku will step in, but neither have provided further information at this time. Liam Robertson, the one who made the report, has been responsible for mildly credible rumors in the past, though he's had some incorrect ones as well, and it's been confirmed that he does indeed have an insider source working at Nintendo of Europe.

:arrow: Source (Rumor)

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's sad that after the initial series of awesome new games a whole next year is just Portendo, I literally have nothing to play on my Switch, all those old Wii U titles aren't old enough to buy again and indies aren't justify a lackluster library. More & more reasons to hack console instead of paying for an already not so long ago bought titles at a full price.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why nsmbu? they got mario 3d world and mario maker wich are much better to port...
Because, it's the second best selling game on the Wii-U. It sold very well on a dead console like Wii-U, and takes very little effort to port over. And it's a Mario game, and it'll probably outsell its Wii-U counterpart.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because, it's the second best selling game on the Wii-U. It sold very well on a dead console like Wii-U, and takes very little effort to port over. And it's a Mario game, and it'll probably outsell its Wii-U counterpart.
it literaly the same as any nsmb game, they can make a new one with very little effort really.

Its one of those games that hasn't got anything unique, and a new entry is far better.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it literaly the same as any nsmb game, they can make a new one with very little effort really.

Its one of those games that hasn't got anything unique, and a new entry is far better.
None of that matters to Nintendo, it's the second best selling game on the Wii-U, and that's all that matters to them. It takes more effort for someone to get out of bed, than it does for them to slap this game on the Switch. Also, it's a Mario game, easy money, and it holds people over until they add more Mario games.

It doesn't take Nostradamus to have seen this coming, and it's really obv that World is next.

Reactions: DuoForce

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
None of that matters to Nintendo, it's the second best selling game on the Wii-U, and that's all that matters to them. It takes more effort for someone to get out of bed, than it does for them to slap this game on the Switch. Also, it's a Mario game, easy money, and it holds people over until they add more Mario games.

It doesn't take Nostradamus to have seen this coming, and it's really obv that World is next.
well galaxy games sold really well and yet still no hd port wich would be very easy since just hd resolution and textures.

but yeah i guess for people taht dont have a wiiu they can have a complet nsmb series aaswhell.

i skipped captain toad and i will skip this one, for donkey kong i dont have the wiiu version so im waiting for a switch price version price dro so in afew months i may buy it used.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If they port Xenoblade X as well, we have all of the worthwhile Wii U titles on Switch :lol: or did I forget anything - BOTW, Donkey Kong, hypothetical NSMBU and 3D World, and Xenoblade X. Yeah, Mario Maker but that will somehow come eventually. I mean, we have no stylus but we have touchscreen and you can get a capacitive touchscreen stylus that is intended for tablets or phones for a few bucks. Maybe they'll even bundle one with the game.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well galaxy games sold really well and yet still no hd port wich would be very easy since just hd resolution and textures.
No idea. But if I recall, they actually did try to port Mario Galaxy 2 to the 3DS, to see how well it would run, and look. Nintendo said Mario looked like a "speck" he was too small on the screen, and they dropped it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No idea. But if I recall, they actually did try to port Mario Galaxy 2 to the 3DS, to see how well it would run, and look. Nintendo said Mario looked like a "speck" he was too small on the screen, and they dropped it.
3ds is not switch or wiiu and they never ported it.

also selling well doesnt make much diference really.

splatoon sold well and they made a sequel instead of port.
xenoblades sold ok and they made a sequel instead of port.
smash sold well and we got a sequel instead of a port.

Slackot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't really care that much since porting a game is probably easy and doesn't cost a lot of resources. That aside, I really hope this doesn't kill the idea of an original 2D Mario game, since I would love to see one soon.

NSMBU is the best out of the series, in my opinion though other people say it isn't mostly because of how stale the series has become over the years.

I would've liked to see 3D world instead.

Last edited by Slackot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran