Insider reports claim that New Super Mario Bros. U will be coming to the Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Because, all those games got sequels, Nintendo tries to do once a year thing, to not oversaturate(which sounds funny when talking about Nintendo) a game. Also, Splatoon and Smash made their counterparts inferior.
    https://www.destructoid.com/no-mario-galaxy-2-on-3ds-because-mario-would-be-a-speck--216983.phtml

Last edited by Viri, Aug 18, 2018
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    its the worst one by far nsmb ds and wii are amazing, the 3ds one is pretty crappy so is this one, fr me the wii one is by far the best one.

kikongokiller likes this.
  3. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    DS>U>Wii>3DS

Slackot likes this.
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i alwys love people saying this about nintendo...

there is only one 3d mario game per console with the wii as an exception.
    there is only one 2d mario game per console.(nes exception)
    there is only one smash per console.
    one mario kart per console.

basically nintendo only releases one game per console generation of each type and people complain that there are too many ...

Last edited by pedro702, Aug 18, 2018
  5. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Well we sure as hell ain't getting 2 smash games on Switch unless they do Melee HD

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yeah and yet any company makes like 3 or 4 per console and no one complains i mean god of war got like 4 games on ps3, uncharted got 3, halo got 4, gears of war got 4 and so on, many critically acclaimed series have 3 and 4 games on a console and no one complains lol.

Last edited by pedro702, Aug 18, 2018
  7. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Maniac

May 28, 2015
    Comes as no surprise Nintendo recycling the same games.

Why Nintendo rely on gimmicks to make it's consoles sell, forget the gimmicks and you see the same shit that's been on all systems before it, and then see third party is limited or no that all... So far it's limited again or old ports of ps3/360 or delayed ports.

Well done nintendont lets hear you promise better support for the 5th time when you release your next last ten revamp console.

THYPLEX and Subtle Demise like this.
  8. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2017
    seems not like a very good idea. but since it's a port they've got nothing to lose.

9. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official thinker™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    Why not literally make a new NSMB game??? Porting this from an older generation is pointless tbh

DuoForce and Subtle Demise like this.
  10. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    What would be really cool is if they used the "New" engine or what ever they call it, to create a MarioVania Adventure title instead of the level based routine we are used to. Or, do an over world map, with separate levels in there own areas with area theme etc. But you have to back track once you have certain power ups (which you don't loose if injured), etc. etc. It really gave the Wonder Boy series the kick in the butt it needed, and I can see it being every bit as fun within the Mario universe.

11. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    I'm still surprised they're not announcing or releasing Wonderful 101. It's a great game. It's pretty much obvious they're releasing every game Wii U had. I hope they're going to do it soon. ;) Or a sequel or whatever.

12. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    It's the same New Super Mario Bros that came out for the Wii U, just for another console.

New Super Mario Bros No U

gameboy likes this.
  13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Meh .. In itself, I don't mind. It barely takes any resources, so it's not like there's anything lost.
    It would however, be a pretty lazy attempt. I mean ... Creating a 2D Mario game is so easy that there's even a game about the editor. If anything: levels created therein should be able to inspire even better levels..

DuoForce likes this.
  14. Carnelian

Carnelian .

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    And people say it will beat the PS2 and PS4...

15. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I'd rather we see a new one. I actually quite like the New Super Mario Bros. games. I find them fsr more difficult than the more recent 3D Mario games. Though I've only played NSMB and NSMB Wii.

DuoForce likes this.
  16. Skittyusedcovet

Skittyusedcovet Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty

Jul 16, 2018
    Canada
    Where cats are plentiful.
    I never got around to buying and playing New Super Mario Bros on my wii u and I might pick it up when it comes out because of the portability. I’m still hoping that they will port over Tokyo Mirage Sessons to the switch. I own it on my wii u, but I would gladly pay for it again.

17. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    the only way i see this coming is FREE WITH NETWORK SUBSCRIPTION. I owned the wiiu deluxe edition with super luigi u and it was still just as boring. I think its because the music was so repetitive and bland i didnt feel anything wrong with the gameplay though.

18. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Innocent kids: is this Switch's Wild scavenger on Wiiu's dead body??

Nintendo: Yes it is.

19. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot Your average GBAtemp fanboy

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Boy, oh boy,
    Nintendo now goes too far with porting over games. Recently, a lot of people conplained about how the NSMB-series didn't age very well and how some of them come off as "lame".
    But if they want to make a "lame" game, al least announce a new game with new things.
    Porting over this game with 2 or 3 new small things is lazy and is a way Nintendo can make a few quick bucks.

Nintendo, if this rumour is true, please cancel it.

20. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    Another worthless port for first time players only, what about us who owned the WiiU? Think we want to buy the same crap over and over again.
    Mk8 releasing twice in a row was bad enough, now this along with all the other worthless ports.

Killing Rom sites/gaming history, releasing the same games over and over again and wanting you to pay for online for their old, small library of games?
    Screw Nintendo

DuoForce and Subtle Demise like this.