Insider report claims that Sony has delayed Horizon Forbidden West to 2022

sadasdasdas.png

Bloomberg has another insider report to share, and no, it's not about a Nintendo Switch Pro. According to reputable industry insider Jason Schrier, a huge PlayStation exclusive might not make the cut for release in 2021. Initially revealed last year during a showcase of upcoming PlayStation 5 games, Horizon Forbidden West was given a general 2021 release window. Although, later during May's State of Play live stream that exclusively focused on the game, there was no mention of any launch timeframe. Within the last week, a rumor began to pick up, saying that Sony was considering delaying Horizon Forbidden West, though no decision had been made. However, Bloomberg is stating that regardless of the rumor, Sony had already made the choice to delay the game into Q1 2022. For now, nothing has been officially confirmed, and Horizon Forbidden West is on track to release on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

:arrow: Source

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As long as they don't cancel the PS4 version it's fine for me, this will give them time to polish both versions more, plus with the extra time the PS5's installed base will become a little bigger boosting the game's sales success.

lets hope they fix this
View attachment 271736
I don't understand, what needs to be fixed here?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as they don't cancel the PS4 version it's fine for me, this will give them time to polish both versions more, plus with the extra time the PS5's installed base will become a little bigger boosting the game's sales success.

I don't understand, what needs to be fixed here?
She looks chubbier than on HZD

Reactions: Phearoz

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well seeing how accurate Bloomberg's "insider reports" have been on the Switch Pro, I'm 100% convinced this is true.

;O;

I wouldn't be remotely surprised though, nor would I really be all that disappointed if they did. So...meh I guess.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind slightly overweight characters, tbh. Wish they'd make it normal in games.
I mean I ain't played the games, but isn't Aloy almost perpetually climbing, running in the wilds, lifting giant metallic bows, etc? Why would she be overweight at all? And why does the general bone structure/shape of her face seem to have changed? Not to mention that her teeth look weird to me as well.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean I ain't played the games, but isn't Aloy almost perpetually climbing, running in the wilds, lifting giant metallic bows, etc? Why would she be overweight at all? And why does the general bone structure/shape of her face seem to have changed? Not to mention that her teeth look weird to me as well.
Not sure, but maybe the team is just inexperienced with aging people up? Though they did a fantastic job with Kratos.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, but maybe the team is just inexperienced with aging people up? Though they did a fantastic job with Kratos.

This is hella inexperience though. Like I know the left looks way smoother skin due to slight improvements in graphics (if that's even a viable argument, I don't think graphics have **truly** improved that much since 2017), but between the weight-gain and everything it looks like she aged 15-20 years (lack of skin shine), and let herself go and is just getting back into training.

Nothing about this feels 'right' to me. Feels like the classic modern approach of "we got a beautiful main character, and that makes some people feel uncomfortable, let's make her less beautiful so she's less disturbing to these sorts". It isn't even a viable form of uncomfortableness that I could understand, like Final Fantasy XIV's recent changes to an icon because of trypophobia.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it looks better this way, it looks more realistic and cute and doesn't look like a wax doll like on PS4.

I think it would have been fine if she started out looking this way. Now, you just have some confusing lore to attend to, guess she got lazy and fat in the time since the first game. Seems counterintuitive to the character we played as in that first game.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,
Reactions: Phearoz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over