Early footage from Horizon Forbidden West's unreleased multiplayer mode discovered

asdasdasdasd.png

An anonymous user has shared some never before seen footage from what is claimed to be a very early in-development build of PlayStation's Horizon Forbidden West. This was meant to serve as an online co-op mode for the game, though it currently remains unreleased, and Horizon Forbidden West launched as a single player game in early 2022. The alpha is from 2020, according to the leaker, and lines up with developer Guerrilla Games' hiring page, where the company was seeking developers to create, "an online project set in Horizon's universe", as of December 2022. Concept art was also discovered, which has a much more colorful and cartoony style than what Horizon Forbidden West would eventually have.

:arrow: Source

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty cool, but the reddit thread is a shit show lmfao people saying it looks like fortnite and upset that the developers have these graphics in an alpha lmfao .People bitch about anything

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope to see something a bit like the coop mode of starcraft 2
In sc2 coop mode, you fight the main villain of the franchise (Amon) through different scenario that you already had in the franchise, though more difficult.
In the case of Horizon, it could be different scenario ressembling some quests players had in the single player mode involving Nemesis

Reactions: HellGhast

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot of people speculating "I hope it ___ when it releases"... Given that this is from 2020 and leaking now, I doubt it is releasing. They probably scrapped it, and that's why the individual decided to leak it... Because their hard work will never see the light of day.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did consider multiplayers for Horizon Zero Dawn, ultimately they went with single player. They said multiplayers would drop the level of detail of the game to 1/2, so that wasn't what they were looking for.

Reactions: Vine-gar

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man i love seeing leaks of what "could have been" sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. This however was definitely a Grey Area leak, the Multiplayer would have been interesting, but the Fortnite style is just no no no a thousand times no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle