Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
M3DSS or R4DS

Paste this into a new txt file and save as...
v1.07.ini -- M3DSS
v1.11.ini -- R4DS

This adds two new entries to the text..
1. M3DSS English Version -- R4DS English Version change name in the code to

JLsoft

The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome...thanks again for this, case/zorgrage
biggrin.gif

zorgrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's definitively a problem to the patch system, that may corrupt datas in the kernel, when loading the patch so don't use the patch system.

i have disabled the patch system in the latest version

also added a new feature to make the game icon button from the picture used for the background so it's not visible except for the grey border that the kernel draw around and when the kernel use it as 'cheat(y)' button.

sorry for my bad english
smile.gif

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the great work Case! Your tool is the best and is crossing items off my wish list for R4 skinning functionality all the time!

FYI for everyone - although the text for the link on the downloads page still says v1.07 it is, indeed, a link to the archive of v1.08!

[Edit - added questions]

Since this seems like the most likely place for answers - I'd like to post a few questions I have regarding the "anatomy" of the _DS_MENU.DAT file. Specifically, where are the following elements encountered:

- The "dim" version of the Brightness Icon?? I've only ever seen the "color" version when I adjust brightness on my R4.
- The second (or first) "game icon panel"?? Why are there two and when is each displayed?? Is one a "hover" effect for when you "touch" it?? For the default ones it just looks like the gradient fill is reversed.

That's all I have for the moment but I'm sure I'll think of more.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is some sort of bug i have M3 simply SD when i patch the names in the _ds_menu.dat the file manager become corrupted i cant exit out of folders once i go into them.

no suck problem in Injektor2 v1.7

Scrap that i think its the sd card will format and see.

It was the card sorry bloody thing.

zorgrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- The "dim" version of the Brightness Icon?? I've only ever seen the "color" version when I adjust brightness on my R4.

yes, the dim version of the brightness control is never shown (maybe they thinked of showing it whel the light is off but don't finaly implement this)

QUOTE(XeroRestraint @ Aug 14 2007, 03:38 PM)- The second (or first) "game icon panel"?? Why are there two and when is each displayed?? Is one a "hover" effect for when you "touch" it?? For the default ones it just looks like the gradient fill is reversed.

exactly that, when you touch the "game icon panel" and keep it pressed (the game is not launched) you can see the second one

also a part of the sames pictures is used for the "cheat(y)" button

so editing the "game icon panel" will edit also the "cheat(y) button

zorgrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1.09 version is now available

http://membres.lycos.fr/casencty/R4/index.html

added a couple of features for help in skining

"icon glass style"
when checked the icons mades out of the background will look like behing a glass
(consider this beta version the render may not be acurate)

"create stripes for gamelist"
this will creates stripes on the filelist screens

"merge icons to bg"
this will merge the active icons (checkeds) with the icons screen

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey i love the app but one thing that bothers me is the theme colour selection part i have edited an image showing a good way to make it look as you can see i have fixed the alignment bugs as certain elements were not aligned correctly this would effect the skin as i and probably alot of other people use this as a preview window and added in text for the colours to make it look nicer and tydier and ajusted the placments of the stuff in the GUI.
( I edited this in MSPaint so i havent actualy edited the software.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock