Homebrew Injecting .SAV into retail cartridge?

chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
I have been out of the "scene" for a while now, but recently poured a lot of time into soul silver and am considering getting a retail cart of it. However, I would like to continue the save I have on my flashcart. I remember being able to inject saves into games "back in the day" but I don't remember the name of the hombrew that allowed one to do this, and how the process works. Help?

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does something like this really exist?
unsure.gif

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible. It would require either the NDS adapter, preferably the Plus version as it supports pokemon HG/SS, or the NDS backup tool, which doesn't support some new games, as it hasn't been updated in a while.

W@dsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does exist, yes.

EDIT - Sorry, I don't know if this supports soul silver or not. Turns out thats a tricky one, sorry
frown.gif

What you're looking for is a program called 'savsender' (available on filetrip).

You'll also need a windows (or *nix) utility called nc.exe (or just nc, for netcat, on unix). This host's the .sav on your PC.

There are some instructions on this page ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218138 ) though I can't find the original tutorial I used anymore. You'll need to use a DS or DSL, since I'm pretty sure the tools don't work right on DSi/XL.

I've done it a bunch of times, easy as, let me know if this helps.

chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a DSL and a slot 1 easy flash V, but it seems that Soul Silver uses a newer save type that the older programs don't support. Would Savesender still do the deed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...