Injecting .SAV into retail cartridge?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by chalupa, Oct 5, 2010.

1. chalupa
    OP

chalupa GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2006
    United States
    I have been out of the "scene" for a while now, but recently poured a lot of time into soul silver and am considering getting a retail cart of it. However, I would like to continue the save I have on my flashcart. I remember being able to inject saves into games "back in the day" but I don't remember the name of the hombrew that allowed one to do this, and how the process works. Help?

2. Sarvesh50

Sarvesh50 Aye!

Jul 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    does something like this really exist? [​IMG]

3. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    It's possible. It would require either the NDS adapter, preferably the Plus version as it supports pokemon HG/SS, or the NDS backup tool, which doesn't support some new games, as it hasn't been updated in a while.

4. pikachu945

pikachu945 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Canada
    you need a slot 2 device or wifi
    or do it easier buy a NDS Adapter Plus

NDS BackUp Tool Slot 2

5. W@dsy

W@dsy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    It does exist, yes.

EDIT - Sorry, I don't know if this supports soul silver or not. Turns out thats a tricky one, sorry [​IMG]

What you're looking for is a program called 'savsender' (available on filetrip).

You'll also need a windows (or *nix) utility called nc.exe (or just nc, for netcat, on unix). This host's the .sav on your PC.

There are some instructions on this page ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218138 ) though I can't find the original tutorial I used anymore. You'll need to use a DS or DSL, since I'm pretty sure the tools don't work right on DSi/XL.

I've done it a bunch of times, easy as, let me know if this helps.

6. chalupa
    OP

chalupa GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2006
    United States
    I'm using a DSL and a slot 1 easy flash V, but it seems that Soul Silver uses a newer save type that the older programs don't support. Would Savesender still do the deed?

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Doesn't work with HG/SS.

You'll need to buy the "backup adapter plus".

EDIT: To clarify, it's a PHYSICAL difference because of the IR port's controller chip being on the normal pin.