How do i inject a nds sav in to a rom of the same game?

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do i inject a nds sav in to a rom of the same game? Yes i did make a folder called saves and i did put it in the same directory . it has the same name as well.

EDIT: if you are wondering how to do this , (using 3ds woth nds-bootstrap) make sure that you have a saves folder in the same dir as the roms. Now make sure the rom has the same name as the save. rom.nds and rom.sav

The save was empty. thats what was wrong.

Last edited by _FN10_,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i inject a nds sav in to a rom of the same game? Yes i did make a folder called saves and i did put it in the same directory . it has the same name as well.
I don't get it. Is the game not reading your save?
Why would you want to inject a save into a ROM (which I don't think is possible)?

Reactions: SylverReZ

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both the .nds and .sav are named like this?
Code:
romname.nds
romname.sav
and not like this?
Code:
romname.nds
romname.nds.sav
Yes they are named like that Here, its New super mario ds ( i use a forwarder but it forwards the rom you see)
i couldt find the screenshot of the game but i could find these
2022-11-21_19-59-50.445_top.png
2022-11-21_19-59-39.348_top.png

Last edited by _FN10_,
Reactions: SylverReZ

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would question if it is the . at the end of Bros that is confusing things for it (it is fairly classic failure mode for weak embedded machine and modern file naming conventions), or is it also not working for all those other games?

Reactions: Thunder Hawk

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would question if it is the . at the end of Bros that is confusing things for it (it is fairly classic failure mode for weak embedded machine and modern file naming conventions), or is it also not working for all those other games?
yeah i might delete that .

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its just this game and it still dosent work i think im just going to start again because its not like i got that far

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the saves folder was only needed with bootstrap? if you're using a flash cart, try putting them in the same folder. I don't know if this will be helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over