ROM Hack injecting a cheat from databases to a rom

princerouge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My question is that if there is any tools that appends cheats function from action replay code or whatever to a clean roms so it can be used in any linkers regardless if this linker support cheat or not. To create a ''trained'' roms.

I just want to know what tools does it and where to find it. Oh and if some of the same tools exist for roms in gameboy color.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think you can do that. you can inject cheat codes INTO the rom with DSATM [i think?] but you can't change the codes whenever you want. it just stays in there.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If you are using the old fashioned Acekard\R4\DSTT and so, all you need to do is use R4CEE and add that cheat code manually, other then that (DSONE, Supercard Ninjapass etectra) that use different operation system that runs on different cheat format - I don`t have one therefore I don`t know how it works, though you can use notepad to edit cheats.xml manully, if you know a bit sripting\HTML you`d understand what means and its the only thing you should know, other then that I can only hint to you that
= open "name"
= close "name"

princerouge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason why i am asking that is that some card dosen't support cheat or does it poorly. I am testing different version of r4 and the christmas edition from r4isdhc for example dosen't seem to work well in DSlite mode (has two different mode on the same card regarding if it is a DS or DSI). Anyway, my question it is if it was possible to append cheat to a rom, not if that or this card is good or not for cheat.

I will look into DSATM though.

thank you kindly all for any answers given.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.