Hacking Inject files into nand dump

YellowYoYos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the title pretty much says it all, I was wondering if there was a app that would allow be to inject / replace files in a nand dump. I have been looking around for a while now and I can seem to find any apps that will allow be to replace files in the nand.

All kinds of apps will extract and explore but I need one that lets me replace files.

Thanks in advance

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think there is an app that lets you write 1 file at a time to a nand.bin. adding this into some existing program wouldnt be too hard. there are 2 things to consider though.
first, any newly created files and folders will need attributes set. the program could make a guess at these attributes, but it would be impossible to guess correctly all the time. you would have to have the user specify the attributes for each file & folder. and most users wouldnt know what to use, and would probably do it wrong.
second, the whole point of adding a file to the nand.bin would be to eventually get that file onto the wii. so you would basically have to write the entire nand just to add that 1 file. it makes much more sense to use some other app running on the wii to just write that 1 file and not write the other 99.99999% of the nand.

YellowYoYos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an wii app to just write that 1 file and not write the other 99.99999% of the nand?

And thank you for your reply btw

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Um, im not quite sure Im following what the problem is...
Turn on wii, install file, turn off wii, profit?

I think you have to be a bit more specific as to what exactly youre trying to do...

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
On sneek, uneek and neek2o, you can use showmiinand/showmiiwad to add files to the emulated nand.
You can simply copy a file to one of the nand folders as well.
On your real nand, you could take a look at the priiloader installer program code. It renames a file on your nand and add's the priiloader file to it.

It would indeed help if we would know what you are trying to do.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On sneek, uneek and neek2o, you can use showmiinand/showmiiwad to add files to the emulated nand.
You can simply copy a file to one of the nand folders as well.
On your real nand, you could take a look at the priiloader installer program code. It renames a file on your nand and add's the priiloader file to it.

It would indeed help if we would know what you are trying to do.

how about adding .app file to work in neek2o? I might be out of line but I got Rockband/GuitarHero DLC working on sorg NAND uniiloader but I have failed to make it work on Sneek or neek2o. I havent really play around with neek2o so it might have the chance.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
load the nand with the app in showmiinand, and extract the content containing the app.
load your neek nand into the same program and install the previous extracted wad again to it.
A number of App files usually need a TMD file as well. Without a TIK file in the nand ticket folder, it probably won't work either.
To really make things going, you will also need an entry in the uid.sys file. All those steps are done by a wad installer.

I might be missing some. I haven't really tried out all those manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: