United Kingdom
The dude just got blue :^}
BreakableIncomparableBats-size_restricted.gif

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
FYI, wildcard overrides code is now complete - this is a power feature and saves me updating the app as much, because when search patterns change instead of the app needing updated, you just need the wildcard value :-), which is easy to find and will be posted if you don't know how to find it.......I'll probably do a tutorial on this feature.

Here's a screenshot:
8U25t6O.png

Finally I'm on the last feature of this app and that's just the database page to store the wildcard entries, then the app is complete as far as I am concerned, I'll then put the code on github so you can mess about with it. Probably I'll be done this week if I get the time.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
FYI, WCO tab added - WILD CARD OVERRIDE.

This feature is only for SDKVersion:14.3.0.0 firmware and above as we don't need it for anything below that, so even if you try and use wilcard searches for anything below this it will be ignored....

Now what are wild card over rides? Well they are hex patterns in the decrypted firmware file, so if you uncheck "Autoclean Decrypted Files" in ES/FS/NFIM you will have the files you need to find wildcard patterns, these are the patterns that this program uses to search for when creating ips patches, If you look at the debug output from the latest firmware in ES, for example you will see this: Wildcard search pattern found at offset: 0x000663D6.

If you open the decrypted file with a hex editor and go to that address you will see we find a hex pattern like this:
FF 97 60 7E 40 92 F4 4F 52 A9 FC 8B 40 F9 FD 7B 50 A9 FF C3
We can use a wildcard to find this pattern: FF97......52A9........FFC3
Notice that we can just replace some bytes (a 2 digit hex value) with a period (.), Also notice we want to use a differnet address for our patch: 0x000663D8 - 2 bytes difference.... This is the address we want to patch out and the instruction: 60 7E 40 92 at this address with our ES patch instruction : E0031FAA.

Now while this might seem complex for some to understand, for others it's easy and when I add the database page (not implemented yet), you will be able to update it with new wildcards + patches when they are needed. I might even add a download link where you can can just replace the database with a new one :-). But if ninty block this - you can just add the data manually.

I didn't put wilcards for ES2 patches - as these are superseded now, I only put the ES2 tab in the event ES patches failed, but generally you won't need to use those.

Anyway, for those that like to mess about with hex editors/ida etc, you will understand why this new override feature is pretty good. For the noobs - probably you should stay away from the tab unless you are told what to put in it by someone else more experienced.

Attachments

• Sigpatch-IPS-Creator V1.4.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 81

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the last version from dogty with the dot fix?
the last update is literally right above your post. Or you need the python scripts to use it on <other than Windows>?

@mrdude my windows defender just updated a few minutes ago and it flags the hactool.exe in v1.4...
Just did a manual scan on hactool from 1.3 and it doesn't get flagged.

EDIT: After telling my machine to keep it, a manual flag doesn't complain about anything (and neither the file nor the type are in my exceptions). Weird stuff...

Attachments

• virus.png
    virus.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by urherenow,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
the last update is literally right above your post. Or you need the python scripts to use it on <other than Windows>?

@mrdude my windows defender just updated a few minutes ago and it flags the hactool.exe in v1.4...
Just did a manual scan on hactool from 1.3 and it doesn't get flagged.
Nop, he is talking about the Homebrew to run directly on console, @dogcsty has removed the test versions what he has published on the past, I think waiting for be able to publish a finished product.

if @dogcsty allows me I have a copy of the last one.

Reactions: binkinator

brad4ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dogty was creating an nro to be run from the switch. mrdude's was to be run from the pc. I have the one just above my post. dogty's link was deleted from page 22

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: impeeza

brad4ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He corrected the dot problem on page 21, post 420, and attached the updated file. The attachment is now gone. This is the file I am looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste