Gaming Infinite Space hype

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I need to ask. Is there a faster way to grind for battles than just going from point A to point B over and over? It seems a bit tedious, and most of the time I don't even get into any fights.

Fidelfc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lastfm.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
g4mer said:
I'm wondering if this happen to you guys too. The touch screen sometimes are not very responsive, I need to tap the screen several times to activate a command (for example, go to the bar, or order attack).

But some command is very responsive I only need to tap once. (like the save button)

I'm using M3 Real 4.7h

Now that you mention it, the "dodge" comand it's very responsive, but for the normal atack, i have to tap a couple times.
unsure.gif

But this just may be my old touch screen.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All of my commands seem very responsive. Then again, sometimes I find myself tapping the command like fifty times over while waiting for the gauge to rise enough to select the command. xD

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maitosuklaa said:
Alright, I need to ask. Is there a faster way to grind for battles than just going from point A to point B over and over? It seems a bit tedious, and most of the time I don't even get into any fights.

For battles? No. I goto the bartenders and ask for jobs and takes me from point A to B. I have to write this stuff down as since there is NO quest log i forget where I'm supposed to go.

That's one gripe with this game I agree with. I can pilot a startship with freaking lasers around the galaxy but my guy doesn't have a notebook and pencil to write down where to go? Come on.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leopold said:
Maitosuklaa said:

For battles? No. I goto the bartenders and ask for jobs and takes me from point A to B. I have to write this stuff down as since there is NO quest log i forget where I'm supposed to go.

That's one gripe with this game I agree with. I can pilot a startship with freaking lasers around the galaxy but my guy doesn't have a notebook and pencil to write down where to go? Come on.
Haha, yeah. It's weird. What with all those screens on the bridge, not even one of them could be dedicated to jotting down notes about jobs they've taken? xD Maybe the text files take up too much server space or something.

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my butt handed to me by the first boss. Honestly is he supposed to be THAT hard? I crushed through random battles no problem, boss just whopped me 6 ways to sunday! Any tips?

Khalan

Trophies
XP
Country
The first boss:

You need to take out the ships in front first. At the top of the touchscreen, the order of the ships is listed, with an arrow just below it's icon showing the ship's position in it's fleet:
-

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SPOILER FOR TATIANA

When is the moment remove Tatiana from your crew (crypted message before the military attack), you can gain a crew member if you do.

I have lost my chance, don't repeat my error.

I hope there is a new game+

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Fun game so far. I've reached the point where Melee battles are available, but the AI always keeps retreating in every melee battle (probably because my crew outnumbers them 4-1).

I do hope I get to own a kickass ship like the one in the first battle (where you control the Pirate battleship). A barrage from that took out 3 from the enemy fleet.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
timmyisme22 said:
Never seem to get enough money... no jobs available anywhere and the enemies just don't drop much. Still fighting on though as it's fun all the same
wink2.gif

Yeah...the XP and money you get from battles seem way disproportionate from the effort and tactics required just in regular battles. For example, it might take 500 XP for a character to go from level 1 to level 2, but you might only get 11 XP per battle. That's some pretty meager shit for any RPG, especially during the early parts of the game.

I'm like you, though. The game is fun, so I'm finding it impossible to put down, in spite of its many faults.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I have got to grind more. Past the fleet blocking the Void Gate . As you proceed going too the next destination. You be attack.
Before I could do anything, I was blown to bits, Game over.
But I will keep on going levelling up.

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been grinding like a man possesed, currently have 1 Orfey Class Destroyer ( SS-Osprey ), 1 Rurik Class Cruiser ( SS-Kingfisher ), 1 Otlichny Class Destroyer ( SS-Egret ) and 1 Perekop Class Destroyer ( SS-Sanderling )

Decided to name my craft after Birds, not very original but gets the job done.

Just about to head through the second Warp Gate, after defeating Balik. Then it's grind, grind, grind
smile.gif

Ships: 10% completed.
People: 12% completed.
Celestial Objects: 6% completed.

Great game so far.

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AP?

there must be some sort of obscure AP...

here are list of my problems.
1. if i lose a battle, game over, then freeze at white screen
2. autosave does not work.
3. touchscreen sensitivity is very random

...maybe it will become unplayable after certain amount of progress

using R4 clone (r4rts.cn, r4i.cn) which uses modified ysmenu as its main/official firmware.
(sorry I use such an obscure clone. :/ )

Leopold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a CycloDS and have none of those problems that you have reported. My only complaint is uber quiet voices bt beyond that I'm digging it.

Sleepy_Sheep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thiefraccoon said:
AP?

using R4 clone (r4rts.cn, r4i.cn) which uses modified ysmenu as its main/official firmware.

I havn't came across any problems whatsoever, and I've racked up just over 11 hours so far. I'm using CycloDS, but I have tried with an R4 running Ysmenu and it works fine.

Granted the touchscreen sensitivity is a little hit and miss at times, but in no way does it ruin what is a superb game.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thiefraccoon said:
AP?

I have an original R4, and I've tried using both the official 1.18 and YSMenu. I've never had it freeze, but autosave does not work for me. I don't find the touchscreen sensitivity random, I've just found that you need to press a little bit above where you want to press (If you press in the middle of a button, it's fine, but if you press towards the bottom of the button, you hit the button below).

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't noticed the sensitivity problems at all...HOW unsensitive is it? I don't think I've ever tapped an option then gone damnit and had to press again..

getting the white screens on death/hitting 'exit', tho, as I and other people have mentioned. And v quiet sound esp vocals

battles do seem pretty damn slow...

autosave not working?; im not sure, cos since my lil error with not saving after beating the first boss, i've been saving religously...when DOES/is it spose to save auto? does it tell you?

but shit I'm liking it despite all of the above problems (and others people have mentioned)...just the feeling of exploring, traveling through space, is awesome..love seeing the two views as you move through space/towards a planet, from the position on the bridge combined with the outside-ship view. Maybe I'm just loving the freedom, as I'm concurrently playing through the 'corridoor' of FFXIII heh (just got to disc 2/chapter 5 or something). I do wish as someone said that you could explore more on planets..honestly if u cld do that, then..the game would be AMAZING...but u cant, so. I dunno. It still feels expansive, has a great tonality, the battles are growing on me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1