Tutorial  Updated

Infinite Picrites on Pokemon Picross

NOTE: If you are using the Homebrew Launcher on firmware 9.3 or higher, you can skip any SaveDataFiler steps, and instead follow what is quoted below.
Indeed, it works fine. Just follow the tuto on the page (https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls)
  1. Download ZIP
  2. Place the mmap folder at the root of your 3DS SD card.
  3. Place boot.3dsx on at the root of the SD card, replacing any existing one.
4.Then use svdt or JKSM to backup the save. Happy cheating XD
A fairly short tutorial on how to get infinite Picrites on the new free-to-play Pokemon game.

What You'll Need
  • Pokemon Picross (duh)
  • SaveDataFiler (or another way to extract and import your save)
  • HxD (or another hex editor)
Step 1:
Start a file and get some Picrites. You get plenty from the tutorial world.

Step 2:
Extract your save. The ID on SaveDateFiler for the EUR and US (NA) game is 017C1. I'm unsure of other regions. Once highlighted press Y to export save to SD.

lZyKUf9.jpg

Step 3:
Open the "all.dat" file in HxD.

Step 4:
Go to Offset 00000B40. The offset is shown on the left side of the screen if you're unsure as to where you should be looking.

Step 5:
Edit the four numbers highlighted to FF FF. The values shown below will be different since we likely don't have the same number of Picrites.

mPKP7mZ.jpg
->
EhPzsM5.jpg

Step 6:
Save your edit in HxD and put your newly saved file "all.dat" back on your SD in the correct folder of Pokemon Picross (X:\filer\UserSaveData\20151205133407\000017c1\) -> 20151205133407 is a date/time stamp, so will be different.

Step 7:
In SaveDataFiller, under the tab "User" search again for "017C1" and when highlighted (yellow) press R+X to delete the secure value

juaNhgK.jpg

Step 8:
Now go to the tab "SD" and select "000017c1", when highlighted press "A" to import your save, then press Home button to exit SaveDataFiller and start Pokémon Picross.

0s5mrww.jpg

Step 7:
Enjoy the game. If you want to support the people that made it, buy some Picrites in the store or something.

9CDZMIm.jpg

Worked great for me, here's hoping it'll save a few people long waits between levels ^^ Let me know if there are any issues!

EDIT: Although the game says 9999, I believe doing this actually sets your Picrite count to 65535 (the value of FFFF when you convert it to decimal). So yeah, you probably won't run out.

EDIT 2: Thanks to @DjoeN for the clearer instructions ^^

Last edited by Scarlet,
D

Deleted User

Is it possible to install that using FBI on a N3DS 10.3 or not?

I assume you're not on emuNAND, because that's not possible, right? It's not a legit CIA, so unfortunately the answer is no. You need to downgrade to 9.2 first, then get your emuNAND updated as high as possible (only 9.5 on n3ds) and then just hope it's able to launch. If you inject FBI to your H&S app on emuNAND then you can install savedatafiler's cia if you can find it. But I'm not sure if Pokemon Picross will start on 9.5 (though I heard if you launch Triforce Heroes on 9.2 emuNAND with rxtools it still works so Picross should), and even if it does I recommend waiting for KernelTimeMachine before downgrading, as long as it comes out before Tuesday (the likely release date of 10.4).

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that I managed to successfully get 9999+ picrites thanks to Donglebrr's help. Thanks! :)

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

gotcha, thanks!

do i need emuNAND to use savedatafiler?

You need to be able to launch savedatafiler on whatever NAND your Pokemon Picross is on. I don't think Pokemon Picross can normally launch on 9.2 but you can probably do some spoof to trick it. I think the best thing to do is setup an unlinked emuNAND that is on 10.3 and has Pokemon Picross on it, then install savedatafiler to emuNAND and follow the instructions in the first post. That's what I did, at least.

bayer59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all,

Is there a way to play picross on emunand 9.5 on N3DS ? I have download it from eshop before hacking and now, it does not start. Only the 3DS screen ...

bayer59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Zaide, thanks for your help. I have found a JPN region free cryptofixed cia and this tutorial worked perfectly. So, it's 017C1 also for JPN !

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
So, no one who had bought picrolites has downgraded and extracted his savegame yet? I'd like to try and find where the value is in the save in order to modify it as if it the maximum were bought, just like pokemon rumble world.

EDIT:

Bought picrolite counter is at Offset 0x00000B44, but setting that to 5000 won't trigger anything, in fact the game claims that I need to buy 0 picrolites to get picrolites everyday.

Last edited by suloku,

Donglebrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, no one who had bought picrolites has downgraded and extracted his savegame yet? I'd like to try and find where the value is in the save in order to modify it as if it the maximum were bought, just like pokemon rumble world.
Or you could follow this guide and get very well over 9999 Picrites. There's no way you should ever run out.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Or you could follow this guide and get very well over 9999 Picrites. There's no way you should ever run out.
The point is to unlock the game, of course you can play everything by editing picrites in, but I'd prefer setting it to 5000 and getting the dayly amount.

As I said in my edit, there's some kind of flag for bought picrites.

Brewtallity

Trophies
XP
Country
I am desperately trying to figure out how to do this now, as I had bought the 5000 picrites with $40, my 3DS then got damaged and I had to give it back for repairs, I received a brand new unit and lost my save game which included the picrites! I am currently running 10.3 so I guess I am stuck for now until someone figures out a new method?

Woodchuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am desperately trying to figure out how to do this now, as I had bought the 5000 picrites with $40, my 3DS then got damaged and I had to give it back for repairs, I received a brand new unit and lost my save game which included the picrites! I am currently running 10.3 so I guess I am stuck for now until someone figures out a new method?
You may downgrade to 9.2 and use savedatafiler

Reactions: Brewtallity

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Shouldn't that be linked to your Nintendo ID / eShop account? If your 3DS breaks and Nintendo repairs it you should never lose things you bought. They need to fix this.

Brewtallity

Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't that be linked to your Nintendo ID / eShop account? If your 3DS breaks and Nintendo repairs it you should never lose things you bought. They need to fix this.

That is exactly what I thought, I called nintendo today and their response was "All games purchased are recoverable via the Nintendo ID but unfortunately in game purchases are not as they are tied to the save game" They wouldn't give me a refund either so I could re buy them :/ It's the worst part about their account system for sure, This also meant I lost a 400 hour monster hunter save and my streetpass plaza with 3000+ streepasses... they need Cloud Saves or something... /endrant

Woodchuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is exactly what I thought, I called nintendo today and their response was "All games purchased are recoverable via the Nintendo ID but unfortunately in game purchases are not as they are tied to the save game" They wouldn't give me a refund either so I could re buy them :/ It's the worst part about their account system for sure, This also meant I lost a 400 hour monster hunter save and my streetpass plaza with 3000+ streepasses... they need Cloud Saves or something... /endrant
Isn't there a button to recover purchases in games?

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country

EDIT:

Bought picrolite counter is at Offset 0x00000B44, but setting that to 5000 won't trigger anything, in fact the game claims that I need to buy 0 picrolites to get picrolites everyday.
Nothing new about this? We need someone with bought 5k to find a flag. What about setting it to 4900 and bying 100 or whatever smallest amount is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay