Homebrew Increase NAND space for DSiWare games

Effef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The 3DS has something like 1GB of internal storage, but we can use only 256MB for DSiWare games, like the original DSi. Is it possibile to increase that space?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No I don't really know how to do it but if there is a way I know how it would be done. TWL is one of the first partitions on NAND. So you won't have room to expand it without conflicting into other NAND regions like AGB_SAVE, FIRM0 and FIRM1 and CTR_NAND partitions. You'd have to move TWLN to the end as the last partition and patch TWL_FIRM to read from that instead. That also means patching NATIVE_FIRM so that it installs new DSiWare to the correct partition location. So two things have to be patched before it would work.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
No I don't really know how to do it but if there is a way I know how it would be done. TWL is one of the first partitions on NAND. So you won't have room to expand it without conflicting into other NAND regions like AGB_SAVE, FIRM0 and FIRM1 and CTR_NAND partitions. You'd have to move TWLN to the end as the last partition and patch TWL_FIRM to read from that instead. That also means patching NATIVE_FIRM so that it installs new DSiWare to the correct partition location. So two things have to be patched before it would work.
Or maybe patching twl_firm to think the sd card fat32 is twln_nand.

D

Deleted User

Cant you create multiple emuNANDS and boot them from cakesfw? Either that or format more sd cards

.... Oh, but then you have to install them to sysNAND too...

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have tons of DSi ware on my NAND. Not quite sure how you've ran out of space. Looks like you're out of luck.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to ask, how many dsiware games are worth that much space? I only have Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition, and that's 10mb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.