Incognito_RCM - wipe personal information to reduce risk of ban

Incognito_RCM

since Incognito by blawar doesn't work on vanilla atmosphere, I made a payload to use with hekate (or any other payload injector) with the same functionality.
Incognito_RCM wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

Functionality:​
  • wipe personal information on sysnand/emunand
  • backup prodinfo from sysnand/emunand
  • restore prodinfo to sysnand/emunand
Since NAND memory is encrypted, this is based on shchmue's Lockpick_RCM to first get the neccessary encryption keys.
You can apply Incognito_RCM directly after installing atmosphere or any time after and it has the advantage that you don't need to set 90DNS after an internet connection and possibly communication with nintendo servers is already established. (You can apply 90DNS anyway)

This has only been tested by me on firmware 8.1.0, so please test it and report back.
Since it has only been tested by me, keep a hekate nand backup ready to be safe.

source: https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM
releases: https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM/releases

Disclaimer:
This is early stage and there is no guarantee that everything works as expected! Please have a hekate NAND backup ready!

Screenshots:
main.png
incognito.png

backup.png
restore.png

Changelog:
v0.6.1
  • bugfix: write to emummc instead of sdmmc
v0.6.0
  • incorporate hekate & lockpick_rcm changes
  • reboot to payload
v0.5.1
  • firmware 9.1.0 support
v0.4.0
  • adopt lockpick_rcm and hekate changes (includes fixing of possible bugs and better resource management)
  • reduced payload size
  • use tui progressbar
v0.3.0
  • more error handling
  • backup validation when reading and writing
  • retry up to 5 times when reading and writing before aborting
v0.2.0
  • more validation
  • code cleanup and refactoring
v0.1.0
  • much faster read and write speed (not sector by sector anymore)
  • much more validation and verification (still not perfect)
  • more error handling (still not perfect)
  • backups aren't overwritten, old backups are renamed
  • check for backup before applying incognito
  • auto-restore backup if something goes wrong
v0.0.2
  • Removed external libraries and better handling of reading big chunks of memory.
as always, have a NAND backup ready!

Last edited by jimzrt,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@jimzrt It would be great if Incognito_RCM got a Reboot to Payload option so that it could be booted back to CFW without additional tools. (as it is already possible under Lockpick_RCM)

DemiGiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Something is seriously wrong. I used it on emmc and got 2123-0011 error on my nand.

And to restore I had to restore backup to the emmc. For a moment I thought I got banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And out of topic. Do I get banned immediately or I can get banned later in the week??

Currently I can play online.

oleole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have to use it each time your update your FW ? I've used it on my FW 5, then update to 9. I guess that prodinfo won't reappear by magic, am I right ?

Reactions: akey83

akey83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Do you have to use it each time your update your FW ? I've used it on my FW 5, then update to 9. I guess that prodinfo won't reappear by magic, am I right ?

I have the same question. I used v. 0.5.1 yesterday on FW 9.1 - serial is gone now but I'm not sure if I have to do it again using version Incognito v. 0.6.0 ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same question. I used v. 0.5.1 yesterday on FW 9.1 - serial is gone now but I'm not sure if I have to do it again using version Incognito v. 0.6.0 ?
Once it is installed once, it never needs to be installed again.

Reactions: akey83

jimzrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Muxi

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Reboot to Payload file must either be located at sdmc:/atmosphere/ or at sdmc:/bootloader/payloads/

Last edited by Muxi,

jaebear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this work for SX OS emunand as files on the main SD card partition? If not perhaps a simple PC tool can be used for backing up/applying a fix since the files are readily available

cuongcbvn

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I lost the backup file from incognitorRCM but I have Prodinfo file(32kb) can I remake incognito backup file? To recover my lost serial

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost the backup file from incognitorRCM but I have Prodinfo file(32kb) can I remake incognito backup file? To recover my lost serial
  • If you have a prodinfo backup from something like Hekate, you can restore it to remove Incognito.
  • If you have a rawnand backup from before you installed Incognito, it also contains your prodinfo and can be restored.
  • If you have a prodinfo file from your Atmosphere backup folder, it might be bad if it's the version made after the installation of Incognito.

Does this work for SX OS emunand as files on the main SD card partition? If not perhaps a simple PC tool can be used for backing up/applying a fix since the files are readily available
Probably. If you're using SX OS though, you can use the normal Incognito just fine. You don't need Incognito_RCM.

Reactions: cuongcbvn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit