Incognito_RCM - wipe personal information to reduce risk of ban

Incognito_RCM

since Incognito by blawar doesn't work on vanilla atmosphere, I made a payload to use with hekate (or any other payload injector) with the same functionality.
Incognito_RCM wipes personal information from your Nintendo Switch by removing it from prodinfo.

Functionality:​
  • wipe personal information on sysnand/emunand
  • backup prodinfo from sysnand/emunand
  • restore prodinfo to sysnand/emunand
Since NAND memory is encrypted, this is based on shchmue's Lockpick_RCM to first get the neccessary encryption keys.
You can apply Incognito_RCM directly after installing atmosphere or any time after and it has the advantage that you don't need to set 90DNS after an internet connection and possibly communication with nintendo servers is already established. (You can apply 90DNS anyway)

This has only been tested by me on firmware 8.1.0, so please test it and report back.
Since it has only been tested by me, keep a hekate nand backup ready to be safe.

source: https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM
releases: https://github.com/jimzrt/Incognito_RCM/releases

Disclaimer:
This is early stage and there is no guarantee that everything works as expected! Please have a hekate NAND backup ready!

Screenshots:
main.png
incognito.png

backup.png
restore.png

Changelog:
v0.6.1
  • bugfix: write to emummc instead of sdmmc
v0.6.0
  • incorporate hekate & lockpick_rcm changes
  • reboot to payload
v0.5.1
  • firmware 9.1.0 support
v0.4.0
  • adopt lockpick_rcm and hekate changes (includes fixing of possible bugs and better resource management)
  • reduced payload size
  • use tui progressbar
v0.3.0
  • more error handling
  • backup validation when reading and writing
  • retry up to 5 times when reading and writing before aborting
v0.2.0
  • more validation
  • code cleanup and refactoring
v0.1.0
  • much faster read and write speed (not sector by sector anymore)
  • much more validation and verification (still not perfect)
  • more error handling (still not perfect)
  • backups aren't overwritten, old backups are renamed
  • check for backup before applying incognito
  • auto-restore backup if something goes wrong
v0.0.2
  • Removed external libraries and better handling of reading big chunks of memory.
as always, have a NAND backup ready!

Last edited by jimzrt,

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
on SXOS,
1. make sure you create the 'emuMMC' folder on root of SD
2. create 'emummc.ini' inside this folder.
3. contents of emummc.ini (for hidden partition based emunand):
'''
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
nintendo_path=Emutendo
'''

Will this work for SX OS emuNANDs that use files on SD card rather than separate partition?

jkjj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work for SX OS emuNANDs that use files on SD card rather than separate partition?

you know im not sure, but i'm guessing it would if you follow the PART2 instructions for file-based emunand on that thread i linked. i have only ever used a separate partition. out of curiousity did you choose file-based for backup purposes?

if not you could convert to partition based. there's at least one recent tool here for that, and some guides

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
you know im not sure, but i'm guessing it would if you follow the PART2 instructions for file-based emunand on that thread i linked. i have only ever used a separate partition. out of curiousity did you choose file-based for backup purposes?

if not you could convert to partition based. there's at least one recent tool here for that, and some guides

No just chose it for easiness

ColorBoyKent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t launched atmosphere I’m trying to install before I do and I keep getting this error

Attachments

• 4DC7DB95-9FBE-4B1E-9895-DA43E014B4C8.jpeg
    4DC7DB95-9FBE-4B1E-9895-DA43E014B4C8.jpeg
    898.7 KB · Views: 299

Alchemy_Gaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I'm having trouble restoring my emuNAND's prodinfo. I migrated my emuNAND to Atmosphere so it would work with the tool. I do a lot of testing so I had actually backed it up and wiped it several times a couple weeks ago. Now I'm looking to restore the emuNAND's prodinfo but can't seem to get it working.
This is my result when attempting to restore:

Keyblob 0-5 corrupt
Got Keys!
Validate...Error!

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Without reading through all 7 pages:
Does it take in account the concerns that shchmue stated on the first page?
In other words, can I use it without worries now on my emuMMC (that I use for AMS and SX OS)?

Excitedguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without reading through all 7 pages:
Does it take in account the concerns that shchmue stated on the first page?
In other words, can I use it without worries now on my emuMMC (that I use for AMS and SX OS)?

Yes, when you boot it you can choose to work within sysnand or emunand. Can't speak for SX OS, but with Atmosphere emunand it works great and didn't impact my sysnand at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In case someone is looking for an updated version of this for FW 9.1.0, I found someone updated it recently. I tested it and it works great. Here it is.

https://github.com/borntohonk/Incognito_RCM/releases

Credit to borntohonk for making my day! :)

Reactions: lordelan

bountheast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the Unknow PKG1 version error. I'm on the latest 9.1.0 AM. Any idea how to fix this error?

I got the same thing when I used the release version. I had to compile it from source, which ended up working fine.

Edit: Well, I can't post links but someone already forked and compiled the latest source, it's by "borntohonk" on Github.

Last edited by bountheast,
Reactions: akey83

akey83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I got the same thing when I used the release version. I had to compile it from source, which ended up working fine.

Edit: Well, I can't post links but someone already forked and compiled the latest source, it's by "borntohonk" on Github.

thanks, works like a charm :)

Solohan50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using SX OS 2.9.2 on FW 9.0.1. I am using emuNAND as files. When I inject the payload, my Backup (emuMMC) option is greyed out. When I attempt to apply Incognito (emuMMC), I get an error stating "no emuMMC config found". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr